FATHER’S DAY PICKS
Father’s Day is next weekend, y’all. IT’S GO TIME. You better order now for your hubby and your dad if you want to make sure the gift arrives on time! See below for my thoughts and see what items Chris already owns and loves!
1) portable speaker / 2) Jack Black face wash / 3) On Cloud sneakers / 4) wallet / 5) devotional / 6) fishing shirt / 7) electric skillet / 8) flip flops / 9) massager / 10) digital meat thermometer / 11) pressure washer / 12) rocker / 13) Solo stove / 14) cornhole boards
1) portable speaker / A portable speaker is on every mens gift guide I’ve ever done, and it will continue to be from now until the end of time. It’s a really nice gift, and it is ALWAYS a huge hit. Chris has had his for years and years now, and it still works just as great as it did the first day he got it. The sound is awesome, it’s super portable, and he uses it ALL THE TIME. If your guy doesn’t have a portable speaker, fix that this Father’s Day. You can also find a great selection (at all different price points) on Amazon HERE.
2) Jack Black face wash / I’d been hearing about Jack Black products for years and how awesome they are, but Chris had never tried them. This past Christmas I gave Chris a gift set, and now he’s hooked. The brand has a great line of products ranging from skin care, to beard care, to deodorant, and more. There’s something for everybody! This all over wash can be used as body wash, face wash, and shampoo.
3) On Cloud sneakers / I’m obsessed with my On Cloud sneakers, so I was thinking I should maybe grab Chris a pair.
4) wallet / This is the exact wallet I got Chris last year for Father’s Day and he LOVES IT. In fact, he loves it more than I thought anybody could love a wallet. He talked about it for months after I got it for him. Every single time he picked it up, he’d be like “I really love this. It’s just such a great size.” 🙂 He had always carried a normal size wallet in the past, but says he will never go back. It’s the perfect size to carry just what he needs. And it’s on sale right now for UNDER $15! Even if you already have something for your man, throw this in too! It has over 90,000 reviews and almost all of them are 5 stars!
5) devotional / 3-minute devotions are a perfect way to start the day or wind down at night.
6) fishing shirt / Chris loves Columbia fishing shirts. They are comfortable and breathable with a relaxed fit, and I think he looks great in them. The shirts are vented, which keeps him cool during long hot days in the sun, and they even feature UPF 30 fabric that helps to block UVA rays.
7) electric skillet / We have one of these at the ranch, and Chris cooks breakfast on it every single time we go down. It’s the best. It’s also great for skillet burgers.
8) flip flops / Chris has a couple pairs of flip flops in his closet, and he wears 1 of the pairs just about every day. These Reefs have arch support, comfy cushioning, and the top is made of real leather. He LOVES his Reefs. If you want an option that is more affordable, these Crocs flip flops from Amazon are great too.
9) neck and back massager / This baby has THOUSANDS of 5-star reviews. I gave this to both Chris and my brother-in-law for Christmas, and it’s been a huge hit with everybody, including me and my sister. You put it on your neck, but you can position it anywhere you want to up and down your back and shoulders. You put your hands through the straps, and that allows you to control the pressure of the massage.
10) digital meat thermometer / We own this exact digital thermometer, and Chris is able to cook perfect medium rare steaks every. single. time. If your man likes to grill, he needs it.
11) pressure washer / Chris’s pressure washer is one of his favorite gadgets. He uses it all the time, and I especially love when he uses it on the back patio and patio furniture. You can give this as a gift, and then you can sit around and reap the benefits. That’s a smart gift, ladies. 😉
12) rocker / We have 2 rockers from this brand, and we are full blown obsessed. We use them at the ranch on the front porch and around the campfire, but they are portable enough that we take them to soccer games as well. And we always pull them out when we have evening get-togethers with the neighbors.
13) Solo stove / If you want to get all sorts of oohs and ahhhs, treat your hubby or your dad to this solo stove. It’s AL THE RAGE.
14) cornhole boards / We are big fans of cornhole and have so much fun playing with friends and family. It’s a great game that can be enjoyed by all ages, and this would make an excellent gift not just for dad, but for the entire family.
The first time Chris and I tried these bars was Tuesday night. And on Wednesday we had a conversation wondering if there was anywhere we could buy them in bulk. Literally, the best ice cream treat I’ve EVER had.
PET GROOMING KIT
After seeing my friend Jeni using a pet grooming vacuum on her new Golden Retriever puppy, Chris hopped on Amazon to check them out. After reading the amazing reviews, we ended up going with this grooming kit and vacuum. Our boys are VERY furry, so we didn’t have super high hopes, but we wanted to give it a try! BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF HAIR IS OUT OF CONTROL, Y’ALL.
Chris is the one who uses it on the boys, so I asked him to do a full review. He sent me some bullet points (all of his thoughts are in italics) to share with y’all, and they follow:
*4.8 out of 5 stars with 2,900 reviews submitted!
*tons of attachments
*generous cord length and suction hose
*waste tank looks small but actually works well and collects a ton of hair before disposal is necessary
*single push button release to empty waste container from unit
*attachments are simple release from the hose by pressing a release button on the attachment itself
*has multiple filters to keep surrounding air clean
*small enough that it doesn’t take up a ton of storage space
*Our dogs don’t like loud noises, but they were fine with the operation noise after 10 seconds. It’s about the same amount of noise of a small floor vacuum.
*Please note that not all of the attachments worked well on our long-haired dogs, but I was able to find many that did. After some trial and error, you will find out quickly which attachments work for your specific pet(s).
*The clippers and the singled bladed hair rake work fantastically and I was able to trim the boys up and then brush them with the rake attachment that also has a button to release the loose hair into the vacuum hose!
*It is awesome to not have hair all over the house when brushing the boys, and it’s even nicer to not get covered it in myself as I brush them!
Okay, as a reminder, here’s a BEFORE picture taken this past fall. See what I mean? THE BOYS ARE SO FURRY! Very lion like! 😉 That’s Buddy on the left.
And here’s Buddy now! Y’all!!!! Look how amazing he looks! Just look at the difference in his mane! I tried to get a picture of both boys, but they were being seriously uncooperative. I think it goes without saying that we HIGHLY recommend this this kit! And GREAT NEWS! It’s ON SALE, and on top of the sale price, you can clip a $35 OFF coupon making it just $124.99 right now (regular price of $199).
MORE GAP FINDS
Did y’all see my GAP post on Monday? I highlighted 4 pairs of Super Summer Shorts. Today I wanted to share some more GAP finds like this adorable eyelet mini skirt and a perfect black v-neck tee. And both pieces are ON SALE, but I’m not sure for how long.
You pull it on with the super comfy elastic waist, it is embroidered all over, and it has a tiered and scalloped lace hem. It’s super cute. For size reference, I’m wearing a petite small.
And I think this cross body bag and strap really kicks up the overall look!
This v-neck tee is a nice medium weight and really great quality. It’s definitely thicker than a lot of my other tees I own, but in a really great way. It feels more substantial, but it’s not too thick or heavy at all. The neck is a wide v, but it’s not too low, which I appreciate. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It comes in 11 colors.
The shorts are a soft cotton gauze with a fabulous crinkle texture and feel. They are so light, so airy, and so comfy! For size reference, I’m wearing the small petite.
This button up blouse was such a pleasant surprise to me. I think it’s wayyyyyy cuter in person than it appears online. It’s a crinkle gauze fabric, which makes it the perfect weight for summer. It’s light, airy, and totally breathable. It has flutter sleeves, a split and rounded hem, and a subtle metallic stripe. It also comes in a light blue, a navy, and a white. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. And although you can of course do a full or half tuck, I thought it looked the cutest with this little knot in front.
These denim shorts come in 5 wash options, but I went with the “light wash”. They have a 4″ inseam, they sit lower on the waist, and they are loose through the hip and thigh with a relaxed fit. They have very little stretch, which I’m not used to, but I still really like these shorts! The structure actually feels nice, but I did size up to a 28 because of the lack of stretch. I did like the length of the petite better than the regular length, so I went with the 28P. They have that perfect worn in look, with a little bit of distressing and a raw and frayed hem. If you always wish for a little more leg room in your denim shorts, you’ll like the roominess of these!
Did y’all see my outfit planning post last Friday? They are always some of my most popular posts each month! Because y’all love them so much, I decided to style this dress two ways: casual on the left, and dressy on the right. So cute, right?
SOCIAL THREADS FINDS
If you’re a regular reader, you know that Social Threads is one of my favorite places to shop, especially for tops that are *SPECIAL*. Today I’ve got 3 special tops and 1 USA tee that I know all of you are going to love! And don’t forget that you can always use the code STMT10 to get 10% OFF your Social Threads purchase.
I’m completely smitten with this watercolor split neck top. It’s lightweight, has a swingy babydoll fit, and is the most gorgeous combination of colors. It features a split neckline with ruffle detail, short balloon sleeves, and a relaxed babydoll silhouette. Wear it out, wear it with a 1/2 tuck, wear it with regular denim, wear it with white denim, just wear it! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I’m guessing y’all know by now that I’ll buy pretty much anything that’s a pink and red floral combo. What can I say, IT SPEAKS TO ME. This top has a very similar shape as the top above, but a silkier texture, so it leans a bit dressier. Even so, I love dressing it down with distressed denim shorts. It will look absolutely amazing with white boot cut jeans and wedges. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Also similarly shaped as the above two tops, this one boasts colorful embroidery and is 100% cotton like the first top. If you don’t like a relaxed fit, you won’t like these tops. I happen to LOVE a relaxed fit. I’m again wearing a medium.
This USA cropped tee features a ribbed neckline, dropped shoulders, raw hem, and a cropped silhouette. Now, I’ll say this, I have a non-existent torso. Because of this, although short on me, it’s not cropped. This is good news for me, because you’ll never see me in a cropped tee. If you’ve got a long torso, it will definitely be more cropped. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Consider this next shot a teaser. These are the Risen denim shorts, y’all! And they are FANTASTIC. They are out of stock right now, but they’ll be getting a restock by the end of the month. I’ll be sure to let y’all know just as soon as they are available again.
These chambray shorts are lightweight and feature an elasticized waistband with adjustable drawstring and pockets. I almost got a small in them, but I’m so glad I ultimately decided on the medium. I definitely need the medium.
NEW PICS OF TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITES
Just for fun, I thought I would show you some NEW PICS of some tried and true favorites. These are things I’ve had for a good long while, and yet I find myself still reaching for them.
I ordered this cover up back in 2019, y’all. I’ve worn her countless times, and I still love it, and it still looks brand new. This is the “orange blue”. It’s so chic!
This strapless maxi is from May of 2021 and it’s adorable. I love the red, I love the ruched top, and I love the floral pattern.
Y’all know I’m not bold enough to wear it without a jacket, but maybe you are! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
I’ve had this drawstring skirt since May of 2019, and I still wear it. I think it’s so cute and flirty. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
REFURBISHED DYSON V11
The Dyson V11 cordless vacuum is the most used item in our house. We use it every single day and absolutely swear by it. We used to have the V8, but after replacing it with the V11, we’ve never looked back. It’s more expensive, but you are definitely getting more bang for your buck. The main differences between the V8 and the V11 follow: the V11 has a charging stand, it has 40% more suction than the V8, it automatically adapts to different floor types, and it has an LCD display that communicates several pieces of info (battery life, cleaning modes, full bin indicator, filter cleaning instructions, and a blockage indicator).
*** This review is from several years ago (look at baby Carter!), but I’m reposting it today because you can grab a refurbished model now for a super reduced price! I bought a refurbished Dyson hairdryer like 3-4 years ago, and I’ve never had even 1 problem with. When I saw the refurbished price that’s available right now, I wanted to share! THE DYSON 11 WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE, and I’m not even being dramatic.
In this first picture you see the V11 docked on it’s charging stand, one of the best features of the V11! We obviously don’t keep it in the bedroom, but the laundry room (where we keep it) is a wreck right now and is in no shape to be photographed, so here we are. Ha! I had many of you tell me that you didn’t have a wall that you wanted to drill into to mount the charging station for the V8, so the V11 and it’s charging stand could be the answer for some of you.
The V11 comes with all the same V8 attachments that we love, so that’s great! The attachments are AWESOME. We clean furniture, the stairs, lamp shades, blinds, and all sorts of other spaces with the attachments.
Also as mentioned above, the V11 has 40% more suction than the V8. I didn’t know the percentage difference until I sat down to write this post and started reading more about it, all I knew is that the first time we used it Chris was like “WHOAH!!!!! THIS THING IS SO POWERFUL!” And that’s saying something, because Chris was so impressed with the power of the V8. The power of the V11 knocked his socks off.
In our house, we have carpet, we have wood floors, and we have rugs. And when vacuuming, we go from one surface to another very quickly. The V11 allows us to do this with ease. Again, the first time Chris used it, he was like “WHOAH! Did you hear that? It changed settings when I went up on the rug!” It’s a nice feature for sure.
And let’s go back to the suction. LOOK AT THOSE VACUUM LINES, LADIES!
Vacuum lines make me ridiculously happy, and my goodness the The Dyson V11 sure does deliver on the vacuum lines.
The LCD screen displays the current performance including selected power mode, remaining run time, filter maintenance reminders and blockage reports. You just touch that little button on the bottom to change what the screen reports.
I will say that the V11 is a bit heavier to move around than the V8, but that’s the only downside I see. It’s of course also more expensive, so it’s just up to you to decide if the extra features are worth the extra money for you. Now that we have both, both Chris and I would say the V11 is worth the extra money. And that’s saying something, because until we tried the V11 we couldn’t imagine anything better than the V8.
BOTTOM LINE: Dyson makes INCREDIBLE vacuums. We got a much less expensive cordless vacuum years ago, and going from a corded vacuum to a cordless vacuum was life changing for us. But after being introduced to the Dyson vacuums, I feel certain we will be Dyson owners and loyal fans for life.
WEEK IN REVIEW
Did y’all see my Gap post on Monday? I highlighted 4 awesome pairs of Super Summer Shorts.
Click HERE for the post.
Wednesday’s post highlighted May’s Top 12. Head to the post if you want to see any of the pieces on me.
1) ruffle midi dress / 2) white denim shorts / 3) cross body bag/ 4) tiered t-shirt dress / 5) bracelet stack / 6) Supergoop Glow Screen / 7) denim shorts / 8) knit tank dress / 9) star tee / 10) dress / 11) white jeans / 12) smocked dress
And this is from last Friday. If you missed it, you need to go check it out right now! You’ll get links for these outfit and like 12-14 more!
That’s all for today, y’all! Have a wonderful weekend with your people!