This post is sponsored by Nordstrom and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote items that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
CASHMERE PIECES STILL AVAILABLE IN NSALE
Have y’all ever heard of a ruana?
Neither had I.
But guess what, it’s what I’m wearing here.
I don’t recall ever hearing the term “ruana” before, but I will tell you this…I’M A FAN.
This particular ruana is incredibly soft and made out a sustainable blend of recycled and new cashmere.
And it’s STILL ON SALE (until Sunday night). The jeans, bag, and booties are still on sale too.
My earrings and bracelet are sooooo good, but they’re not available at Nordstrom quite yet…so we’ll talk about the pieces in a future post.
Let’s talk about the grey jeans! You’ll be happy to know that they are from our beloved Wit and Wisdom and STILL IN STOCK and STILL ON SALE.
First of all, I love having grey denim in my closet for fall and winter. I think it looks great styled with lots of different colors (black, white, red, olive, blush, and camel just to name a few), and it’s just nice to have denim options.
I’m almost 5’4″ (with long legs for my height), and wearing the regular size 4 here. As you can see on the site, they are much shorter on the model, but I definitely prefer them this length. I wouldn’t mind them a tiny bit shorter, but I definitely don’t like them as short as they are on the site. I think the petites would be way too short on me in this particular pair of jeans.
And come on! Look how great the hem is! It’s frayed and has a pretty severe step that gives them so much style.
These booties are no longer available in this neutral color, but they are still available in grey and snakeskin. I love the pointy toe, the block heel, and the deep cut out (so flattering). And y’all know I wouldn’t get them if they weren’t comfy!!! They also have a zipper up the back to make putting them on and taking them off so easy. True to size for me.
The ruana is a really awesome transition piece for fall. It’s a great layer that’s nice and light, and I love that it doesn’t have sleeves. I love the beige and grey options too.
This poncho is similar to the ruana, but it’s a little longer and made for cooler weather. And it’s obviously not open in the front.
And you guessed it…until Sunday night it’s STILL ON SALE!
Pair it with a long sleeve tee, and you’re ready for all sorts of fall activities.
This tee is quite a bit thinner than I was expecting, so although a great layering piece, I wouldn’t ever recommend wearing it on it’s own.
The heart earrings are UNDER $40 right now! They would make a great gift.
This cross body bag is a great size and a wonderful neutral color.
I’m wearing the brown taupe, but I also really love the red cedar and the olive options.
And listen, it’s definitely long enough that I think it would look great with the the SPANX faux leather leggings too!
MY THREE SONS
Here’s a shot of my three sons on our afternoon walk yesterday. Afternoon walk you say? Right in the heat of the middle of the day you say? Wouldn’t it be smarter to walk early in the morning or late in the evening you say?
YES IT WOULD.
If somebody could please explain that to Buddy and Charlie, we would be forever grateful. They EXPECT a walk between 1:30-2:30. And listen, even if we walked them in the morning, they would still expect the late afternoon walk. They’re creatures of habit and SO bossy. They start pacing around the house like fools until you take them. Good thing they’re cute.
THE BEST THROW EVER
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times….this blanket is one of THE BEST VALUES OF THE ENTIRE SALE.
IT’S ON SALE for ONLY $24.90 y’all, it’s soft as all get out, it looks pretty (I love the fringe!), and it launders great. I’ve washed all of my blankets countless times and they still feel the same (haven’t lost their softness!) and still look brand new. Buy SEVERAL for your own home (just to keep your family from fighting over it), and then buy them as gifts too. THIS BLANKET IS AMAZING.
Throw one over the back of your couch, throw one on the foot of your bed, and pile them up in a great basket. You’re going to want to have plenty.
Click HERE for the throw. It makes a FANTASTIC Christmas present for anybody on your list. Seriously, ANYBODY and EVERYBODY. It’s also a great graduation present. STOCK UP ON THESE BABIES.
I asked people on Facebook how many they had purchased, and several people had purchased over 8. There were even a couple of ladies that had purchased 18 over the years for themselves and gifts!
CARTER’S SCHOOL SHOES
Carter starts school next Thursday.
WHAT THE WHAT.
How did this even happen? Summer was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too short.
We’d been looking for his new school shoes for awhile, but we hadn’t found anything we could both agree on, and then I found 2 pairs at once! I was at the mall, I texted him some pics, and he agreed to both. SCORE!
I had somehow missed these online (I think because it looks like they are for little kids, but when you click on them, larger sizes appear too). Well, I saw them in store, sent him a picture, and he was like YESSSSSSS! I grabbed them so fast!
He also got these Adidas sneakers, even though they aren’t in the sale. So happy to have Carter’s back to school shoes crossed off my TO DO list. There are girl’s colors on the same link for those of you with daughters!
IN MY CLOSET AND STILL IN STOCK
All of the items in this collage are items I personally OWN AND LOVE, and they are all STILL IN STOCK and STILL ON SALE. I know the sale can sometimes be frustrating because people recommend items and then they seem to immediately sell out, but these are personal favorites of mine that are still available. As a reminder, prices go back up on Sunday at midnight!
1) mirror / 2) blardigan / 3) mascara duo / 4) MAC lip set / 5) NARS lip gloss set / 6) NueLash eyelash serum / 7) wool and cashmere poncho / 8) must have leggings / 9) crewneck sweatshirt / 10) stud earring set / 11) best throw ever / 12) grey step hem jeans
1) mirror / I have this mirror. I LOVE this mirror. It’s worth every single penny at full price, so it’s an amazing deal during the sale at $80 OFF! It’s got LED lights, a magnifying mirror attachment, and a cell phone clip. Five stages of dimming gives you full control of the level you want to see, while the 10X magnifying mirror helps you get up close and personal with lashes and brows and for detail work, especially around the eyes.
2) blardigan / The softest thing you will ever have on your body. Like in your whole life. If your mom, your mother in law, or your grandma doesn’t have one….they make PERFECT Christmas gifts. Click HERE for all of the Barefoot Dreams items still in stock.
3) mascara duo / If y’all have been following me for awhile, you know I’ve never found a mascara that I’ve loved and been loyal to for over a handful of months. Both of the brushes are great, and I feel like one gives me a fuller look while the other one gives me a wispy, long, and separated look. I’ve been using the black tube recently and really love how it separates my lashes and makes them look so long and wispy!
4) MAC lip set / This set contains a Prep and Prime lip treatment, a lipstick, and a gloss. I think the “deep” color is so pretty and an awesome deal for all 3 products. The primer reduces feathering and provides immediate hydration before putting on the lipstick. The “deep” color is like a light colored berry, and I think it’s gorgeous for fall (it looks darker here than it actually is once on), and the gloss provides glass like shine with a pretty berry pigmented color. This is a great set. I’m not sure I’ll always use the primer, but I really love the color and the feel of the lipstick and the gloss! I’m wearing this combo in my pics today with the ruana and the poncho.
5) NARS lip gloss set / Love all 3 glosses and the cute little bag.
6) NueLash eyelash serum / I use and love this serum. I don’t have to buy it for myself this year because I bought it last year and just broke out my 2nd tube. I need to be more consistent about using it like my sister is (because she has FANTASTIC results).
7) wool and cashmere poncho / Seen in the outfit pics above.
10) stud earring set / Soooooooooo bright and sooooooooooo sparkly. They make a great gift too!
11) best throw ever / I’m not going to go on and on about this blanket yet again, but I shall leave you with this thought: GET IT. GET IT NOW. Seriously. Now.
12) grey step hem jeans / I’m wearing these jeans in both outfits above in today’s post. I think they are a great option to regular denim.
STILL IN STOCK
I first purchased THIS BRA several years ago during the sale, and it’s become a tradition to get a new one every year. It’s expensive when not on sale ($72), but I have found that it’s SO WORTH the money. Grabbing it at the sale price at $47.90 is a no brainer. I named it a MUST HAVE several years ago, and I know so many of you are believers now too! If you doubt me, just check out the online reviews. The cups are perfectly rounded, it has just the right amount of lining, and the material is oh so comfy. And look how pretty the straps are! Click HERE for the bra. True to size for me.
I was so excited to see this rolling spinner suitcase in the sale this year. I got a Calpak carry on from Nordstrom last year when they had a leopard one that randomly went on sale, and I’ve been SO HAPPY with it! Mine has a zipper close on each side, and it looks like this one only has a zipper close on 1 side, but that seems to be the only difference (besides the pattern). This is such a great price for under $100!
Click HERE for all luggage in the sale.
I’m still trying to decide between these buckle booties and these knit booties. I think I’m actually leaning towards these buckle booties. I like the moto look, and they are different than anything else I have in my closet. True to size for me.
I bought a pair of Sorel wedge booties 2 years ago, and they have been an excellent addition to my closet. They are super comfy, they are waterproof, and they were perfect for all day wear on my girls’ trip to Boston a couple of years ago. Below you see this year’s version! Love.
I tried these wedge high top sneakers on and really loved them. However, instead of tying the laces, I stuck the laces inside because I felt like they were a distraction. If I were to buy these shoes (I don’t need them because I already have a couple pairs of wedge sneakers), I would cut the laces off very short and tie them off (to make them look like Golden Goose laces). True to size for me.
I still have AND LOVE my UGG wedge booties from several years ago and have no idea why they don’t still make them because they are AWESOME. I love wearing them all fall and winter long, and if I didn’t have those, I would definitely get these Ugg booties. I saw them in person and they are super cute. You can wear them up or turn the sherpa down.
I have a couple of pairs of tall boots in my closet already, so I don’t NEED another pair. But my goodness, I sure do love these over the knee boots. They are very comfy, they have a padded foot bed, and they have a zipper on the side that makes putting them on and pulling them off super easy. There were actually a couple of other boots I tried on, but they didn’t have the side zippers and they were soooo hard to get on. That’s gonna be a no from me, dog. They are a great looking boot, they are waterproof, and they look great with both skinny jeans and dresses.
I would suggest sizing up a 1/2.
And check out just how fabulous the Tory Burch tote is. It’s big, but not too big, and it’s perfectly neutral.
GIRLS! The MUST HAVE leggings are in the sale and they come in plus size too! I first named these a must have back in November, and you heard me talk about them pretty much daily for several months. I own this color (called black, but more of a really dark charcoal grey), a pink, a vibrant blue, and a soft green. And no, I’m not ashamed. I wear them all the time, so it just makes good sense. #practical
They have a super soft high waisted waistband, and they have the look of a jogger, but the fit of a legging. And excuse me, but they have pockets. WooHoo!
I. LOVE. THEM.
They don’t have as much compression as regular Zella live in leggings, so I think they are more comfortable. I wore these for weeks straight during the fall and winter while lounging at home and running errands around town.
If you haven’t tried them, PLEASE TRY THEM. At just UNDER $40, it’s a no brainer. If you don’t like them, just send them right on back. But you won’t have to worry about that, because you’ll love them.
For size reference, I wear a small in the leggings.
The hooded sweatshirt is comfy, slouchy (without being sloppy), and really warm! It’s got a hood and a kangaroo pocket. I got a medium for the bit of extra length (since I’m styling with leggings). The arms a little long with the medium, but I’ll just cuff them. I got the blue veil for myself. And get this, the sweatshirt is just under $30.
And please notice the rose gold sneakers. Because OMG they’re cute.
That’s it for today, y’all! Have a wonderful weekend with your people!