Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from February.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). Actually, this month, some of the Top 12 are items I’ve actually already owned for a while (like the travel toiletry bag, the must have black pants, and the white jeans). A couple of other items you’ll see this month were actually in January’s Top 12 post too (like the striped sweater and the white jeans). The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Amazon, and Walmart. And besides the shoes and bag, everything that made the list is below $100.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) denim jacket / 2) striped sweater / 3) travel toiletry bag / 4) STUFF makeup bag / 5) MUST HAVE black pants / 6) pullover sweater / 7) open front cardigan / 8) white jeans / 9) sneakers / 10) cognac crossbody bag / 11) pink and orange cardigan / 12) jeans
I think the most important thing to pay attention to when looking for a denim jacket is making sure that it has a bit of stretch to it. If it’s too stiff (and not comfy), you won’t reach for it. And if it’s too boxy, you don’t want that either. It really has to have some give and be comfy! This jacket has some stretch, some give, some shape, and it’s comfy! #winnerwinnerchickendinner
For size reference, I do think this one wears a bit big. I like to have room in my jackets, I’m wearing a small in this one, and I still have room.
2) striped sweater / No doubt about it, this sweater is spring sweater PERFECTION. I love the colors, the wide stripes, the relaxed fit, and the ribbed collar, cuffs, and hem. It’s lightweight, feels great on, and is just the type of sweater I like to wear with ankle jeans and sneakers in the spring. Talk about a spring uniform!
I would say the stripes are a vibrant orange and a realllllllly light blush. I love the color combo. It’s so fresh and happy! The sweater also comes in a wavy black and white stripe.
3) travel toiletry bag / This travel toiletry bag holds sooooo much, keeps things super organized, and you can just hang it on a towel bar, in a closet, or on any bathroom hook. Seriously, look how much it holds! And then it folds up and zips closed with ease.
I’ve had this for well over a year now, and I’ve convinced everybody in my own life to buy it. And let me say, it’s not a hard sell, especially if they see it in person. It’s LEGIT. You pack it full of everything you need, it zips up easily and all compact, and then just find a place to hang it for easy access. It’s truly awesome.
4) STUFF makeup bag / This bag is adorable. ADORABLE. And it’s a super inexpensive option to consider over the reallllllllllly expensive Stoney Clover bags. The purple one (on the same link) that says GLAM is also super cute.
5) MUST HAVE black pants / Listen to me ladies, if you work in an office, you really need to own these must have pants. They are quite literally the best black pants you will EVER own. They are from Wit and Wisdom, and they have the mold and hold technology we all love. They pull on like leggings and have a faux zipper, but they do have a clasp closure on the waistband. The waistband is my favorite part because it’s stretchy too! These are work pants that feel like pajama pants. If between sizes, you will definitely want to size down. I can wear both the 2 and the 4 (regular, not petite). I’m 5’4″ for reference.
Here’s another outfit with the black pants…
But this is a totally new way to style the pants for me because I’ve always gone dressy with them by pairing them with pumps or dressy flats or mules.
I thought this look with sneakers was different and fun! Cute, right? It’s just a totally casual vibe, even though it’s black pants.
And yes, this is the striped sweater that I’m completely obsessed with. #again #getusedtoit
6) pullover sweater / Oversized quarter zip sweaters are all the rage right now. The Faherty version is $168, but this pullover sweater below is a great option and it’s ON SALE right now for just under $40! It’s definitely long and roomy enough for leggings, but it looks great with jeans too. It comes in lots of colors, so there’s something for everybody. For size reference, I’m wearing a small and it still has a ton of room.
I showed it in blush last month. It’s a great sweater.
7) open front cardigan / This outfit is simple, classic, and made up of great basics. This cardigan is one that I’ve shown in several different colors over the last several years. It’s a staple both at Nordstrom and in my closet. I’m wearing the “tan cobblestone heather” and think it’s a beautiful neutral, but I wear the black one alllllll the time too. It’s super lightweight and although it looks kinda dressy, I still love it worn casually with jeans and sneakers. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
And here it is in a styled shot…
8) white jeans / It’s no surprise that these white jeans are in my Top 12 this month because I’ve shown them in probably 20 outfits. They are actually in the Top 3 for the month. I first showed them to you last year, and they’ve been my faves ever since.
My favorite white “jeans” are officially called “ankle skinny pants”. And like the denim jacket, I think a pair of white jeans that you love are a necessity.
Even though they are called “pants”, I totally think of them as just super soft and awesome white jeans. Now that I see that they aren’t called jeans, I get it, because they are SO DANG SOFT and stretchy….but I really do think of them as jeans and will style them like they are jeans. They are 53% cotton, 29% polyester, 15% rayon, and 3% spandex. I think there must be at least 5% unicorn dust in them too because they’re just that good.
Now, full disclosure, you can see the pockets a bit in them. This is usually a deal breaker for me with white jeans, but for some reason it’s not for me with these jeans. I’ve decided that I actually prefer to see the pockets a bit over having white jeans with fake pockets. I really don’t like the fake pockets, so I’m definitely willing to accept seeing some of the pocket.
They are really stretchy, very slimming, and incredibly comfortable. I love the white button and the little side slits at the ankle. They aren’t see thru, but I of course still recommend wearing nude undies. They actually come in 8 colors, and I predict that some of you will like the fit and comfort so much that you will end up ordering them in at least 1 more color.
I’m wearing a regular size 4, but because of the stretch, I suggest sizing down if between sizes.
Here are just a few of the outfits I styled with the white jeans this month…
This striped sweater is another piece that’s already been on repeat, and I have no doubt it’s going to be an essential piece in my closet all spring and summer long. Lightweight sweaters are what I always reach for when transitioning between seasons. I wear a small in this sweater. Pair a great sweater with jeans and sneakers, and you’re good to go!
I’ve shown you this ruffle sleeve tee before in olive, but this orange (totally leans coral) is such a pretty spring and summer color! It’s soft, and the ruffle sleeves are flouncy, but not too exaggerated. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This blouse is a fun graphic print where the blue and orange designs almost look like brush strokes. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
9) sneakers / So if somebody asked me to pick MY PERSONAL TIP TOP #1 PICK SO FAR THIS YEAR, it would definitely be these sneakers! They are currently the most worn item in my closet, and I get compliments on them everywhere I go. Seriously.
I originally got the sneakers at Nordstrom, but they sold out there super fast, and you can now find them HERE! And a Facebook reader (thank you, Mackenzie!) left a tip on a facebook post that you can use the code HONEY15 for $15 off $150 or more! I’m hoping the code still works!
SO comfortable and crazy cute. I’m in love with the colors. They look great with jeans too. And check out the laces. They are like little bungee cords, so you just slip them on and off! True to size for me.
It’s a smooth pebbled leather and a beautiful cognac color (and it comes in black too). It comes with 2 straps that can be adjusted or removed and range from 11″-22″, which means you can wear it as a shoulder bag or as a crossbody. I’m wearing the leather strap here, but you’ll see in the next outfit that it also comes with a wide canvas strap. I love the versatility. There’s a magnetic closure on the front flap and an interior pocket as well. The hardware is a brushed brass, so it’s not shiny. This is an awesome everyday bag.
11) pink and orange cardigan and 12) jeans / This outfit has the #11 cardi and the #12 jeans in it! This cardigan is FABULOUS. I just showed it on Monday’s post talking about wearing pink for spring and summer, and lots of y’all fell in love and grabbed it immediately!
This color combo is vibrant, yet the cardigan is classy. And honestly, it gives me Chanel vibes. In fact, if you want to go full on Chanel, you can grab the matching skirt! It has a textured tweed pattern (which is what made me think of Chanel) and solid contrasting trim down the center, on the cuffs, on the pockets, and on the banded waist. The sweater is so interesting and looks much more expensive than its $30 price tag. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
I THINK THEY’RE AWESOME.
But here’s a pro tip: SIZE UP 2 SIZES.
Yep, 2 sizes.
Just do it.
They don’t have a lot of stretch to them, and my regular size wouldn’t zip up AT ALL. Like I knew 1 size up wouldn’t do the trick. But once I sized up two sizes, I love the fit! They fit like a glove and make me feel great! For size reference, I’m wearing an 8.
That’s it for today, Ladies! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at February’s Top 12 picks. What are your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!