Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month! Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from April.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls top picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And two of the month’s picks have been on previous month’s lists as well. The picks that made this month’s list are from Nordstrom, Aerie, Walmart, Amazon, and Colleen Rothschild. And everything is under $80! In fact, several things are under $50 and a couple are under $30!
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) shift dress / 2) cover up / 3) roll cuff denim shorts / 4) cut off denim shorts / 5) gold bracelet stack / 6) block heel sandals / 7) tie waist shorts / 8) must have strapless bra / 9) studded sandals / 10) Illuminating Tinted Eye Cream / 11) gauzy 2-piece set / 12) maxi skirt
1) shift dress – I. LOVE. THIS. DRESS. It’s sooooooooooo good. And these pictures don’t even come close to doing it justice. IT IS FABULOUS and you can grab this baby NOW ON SALE for only $23. TWENTY THREE DOLLARS. I think it looks like something you’d pay $123 for at J Crew!
It’s a classic shift that is very well made. And it’s 100% cotton and machine washable! I love the split neck, the longer sleeve length (with an elasticized cuff), and the pockets. The fit is PERFECT, and this orange and pink floral pattern is vibrant and fun. It’s a gorgeous combo! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
There’s also a tiny powder blue and green check version (you’ll see this in just a second!), a chambray option, and a navy and white floral option. You really need to try this dress for yourself.
What’s not to love.
I highly recommend this dress. It’s perfect for all sorts of different occasions. I’d wear it to a casual lunch while on a beach vacation, but I’d also wear it to church! #versatile
And here’s the exact same dress, but in a checked pattern in a seersucker fabric.
And I’ve got some mirror selfies of the dress too…
And in the floral…
2) cover up / I showed you this crochet cover-up for the first time last year when I purchased it in both black and red. I LOVED IT. Last month I created this outfit collage because I knew that this neutral option would look so chic with a black swimsuit and gold jewelry. I think this outfit collage proves that! The bracelets are waterproof and perfect for the pool and beach. These flip flops have been my GO TO summer flip flops for like 5 years now. They are flexible (so super comfy) and waterproof.
If you don’t have one of these cover ups yet… FIX THAT NOW.
I’m quite sure it’s my favorite cover up I’ve EVER owned. It’s one size fits all, and I never really get how that works, but it totally does! The smocked waist is super stretchy and I love the loose cap sleeves. It’s short (which I love), but it also keeps you totally covered up.
It’s very affordable, so this year I threw the “hollow out apricot” and “hollow out orange” in my cart. I put the hot pink one in the collage because I think it’s FABULOUS.
Here it is in the orange. What a great color!
3) roll cuff enim shorts / These are from Wit and Wisdom, so you know that I love the stretchy fabric and the Ab Solution technology. These denim shorts have a 5″ inseam and a cuffed hem. They are definitely great for all of you that like a litle extra length. These also have a bit of distressing. I’m wearing my regular size 4. Click HERE to see all the shorts available from Wit and Wisdom.
And here they are with a graphic tee. Just Peachy. 😉
4) cut off denim SHORTS / I got these shorts last year, but I only showed them a couple of times. I kept seeing tons of influencers sing their praises, but by the time I actually ordered them for myself, they were just about sold out. NOT THIS YEAR, BABY! They are fully stocked RIGHT NOW, so don’t miss out this year!
They are cute, soft, AND OH SO COMFY. They have a functional zipper and button….BUT GET THIS…..there’s elastic across the back of the waistband. Yep, they’re basically like toddler shorts. And they’re awesome. If you fully tuck in shirts, then these shorts aren’t going to be for you because the elastic waistband isn’t cute. But since I only 1/2 tuck shirts, nobody will ever see the waistband. I’ll just benefit from the comfort!
And this year they added pink and orange ones to the mix. SO CUTE! They’ve got white too! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. They are roomy, a little slouchy, and just perfect.
Also, where are my Texas girls? I grabbed this adorable Texas tee at Nordstrom, but now it’s almost sold out there. Great news though, because the Texas tee can also be found HERE. It has a vintage feel and look (with the raw seams and hem), and it features our state flower (the bluebonnet). I will say that I thought it looked more like a lightweight sweatshirt on the Nordstrom site, but it’s definitely the weight of a t-shirt. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, and it’s still quite roomy.
This flutter sleeve blouse is adorable. It’s a gauzy cotton, lightweight, and a beautiful sunshiny yellow color. The sleeves are soft and flouncy. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. (And do you like my golden tan? I used my new favorite tanner and this mitt. It’s my favorite tanner that I’ve ever used.)
And here with a graphic tee.
5) gold bracelet stack / This bracelet stack was definitely my most worn piece of jewelry this month. Dress it up or dress it down, it looks great with all sorts of outfits.
6) block heel sandals / Okay, ladies. I’m thinking that these block heel sandals need to be named a MUST HAVE. And it’s not just me who thinks so. They have 280 reviews, and almost all of them are 5 stars. They truly are FABULOUS.
These are the “cream stella”, and they are a beautiful neutral. They have a chunky block heel and two chunky braided straps, but they somehow manage to remain super girly and feminine. AND THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE. I’ve worn them for up to 5 hours at a time, and I still found them comfy. That’s saying something! I didn’t have any blisters or even soreness on any part of my feet. They are easy to walk in too! I wasn’t even worried about rolling an ankle, which let’s be honest, is sometimes an issue with me. 😉
And great news: they are ON SALE right now!
If you’re still on the fence, go read the other reviews. They will convince you.
True to size for me, but you might want to size up a 1/2 if between sizes.
Here are the sandals styled with a simple black dress.
The dress has a bit of stretch to it, which I very much appreciate. You just slip it over our head to put it on, and there’s 1 button at the top of the neck in the back. I really prefer a dress without a zipper, so this is right up my alley. Both colors are fully lined (it comes in white too), so you don’t have to worry about it being see thru and needing a slip.
The fabric is very lightweight and has a bit of a crinkly texture. It has a crew neck, a drop waist with a softly pleated skirt, and a subtle puff sleeve with elastic cuffs. The overall fit is relaxed, and the skirt is fun and flirty. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, but I think I’m going to prefer the fit of the medium (that’s already on its way to me). The small just felt a little snug across the back.
7) tie waist shorts / Before I even ordered these shorts, I planned this outfit! How cute is it!
This trend has been popular for a while now, but I finally grabbed a pair of paper bag shorts. When I saw that Wit and Wisdom made a pair, I KNEW I was going to love them. If you’re keeping track, I was right. They are stretchy, comfy, and soft. And they might look like LINEN, but they aren’t. (Listen, linen is a beautiful fabric, but it doesn’t always feel great against your skin. These shorts aren’t linen, and they feel great on!) They also come in a light olive and a rust! For size reference, I’m wearing a 4.
If you’ve been looking for an adorable sweater with a little something extra, LOOK NO FURTHER! I’m dying over these sleeves. THESE SLEEVES ARE NEXT LEVEL FABULOUS. Use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF.
They’re like a beautiful watercolor, and the double ruffle highlights the design and colors beautifully. The body of the sweater is white, but there is an orange accent on the neckline and on the banded sweater hem. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It is very generously sized (and a bit wide), so I think I need the small.
8) must have strapless bra / The strapless bra that I’ve been raving about for like 7-8 years now (and have turned so many of y’all onto) always makes its way to the top again when warm weather rolls around. My friend Meagan finally bought one last year, and she kept texting me about it saying things like “My saggy boobies have been perfectly happy and supported since 7 a.m. They feel confident again!” And days later “I’ve decided I only want to wear the strapless bra. Always.” YEP, THAT’S RIGHT. So many of us wear this strapless EVEN WHEN WE DON’T HAVE TO WEAR A STRAPLESS. That’s pretty much unheard of, y’all! Sizing tips: Some buy their regular size, and some size up in the band or the cup.
Click HERE for this strapless. Even if you are large chested, you need to try this bra. And you see it also comes with detachable straps. You can wear them straight, you can criss cross them in the back, or you can of course take them off all together.
9) studded sandals / These studded sandals remind me very much of the studded Marc Fisher sandals that were so popular last year, but these are a fraction of the price. I think the studs make them a little bit edgy. For size reference, I sized up a 1/2. there are other sandals on the same link that don’t have studs, some are raffia, and most are brightly colored!
THIS WAS MY PERSONAL #1 FIND FOR MARCH. And it’s definitely in my TOP 3 finds for the year! I’m not surprised at all that this eye cream was in y’alls TOP 12 for a 2nd consecutive month.
It makes my under-eye area appear brighter, more radiant, and more youthful. TRULY! The formula specifically targets common concerns of tired and dull eyes, such as under-eye darkness, fine lines, dryness, and puffiness.
- Hyaluronic acid: helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Caffeine: targets puffiness and water retention
- Pearlized pigments provide an instant brightening effect and create a radiant, glowing appearance. Peach-colored pigments neutralize blue undertones, helping to balance out skin tone and create a more even appearance.
- Peptides: help smooth texture
You can use it on its own on a fresh-faced day, but it also functions beautifully under your makeup. This eye cream is going to WOW you.
It’s really hard to capture how awesome the eye cream is in a picture, so you’re going to need to trust me. I don’t like concealer and never use it, but I think this eye cream not only does the job of an eye cream, but it also functions a bit like a concealer does…but it doesn’t settle into lines or crepiness, which is why I don’t like or wear concealer.
I obviously highly recommend this product. And you can use the code STMT20 for 20% OFF
I saw it on another influencer and thought it was adorable, but I wasn’t sure how it was going to look on me (because the other influencer is teeny tiny). WELL. I absolutely love it. I ordered a medium because that influencer was in a small (so I thought I would require a medium), but I’ve now ordered it in a small to compare the sizing. (I actually like how this set is a super relaxed fit, I just want to see the difference.)
It’s gauzy and soft and a perfect outfit to lounge in or even run around town in. I love it so so much.
12) maxi skirt / Look at this FABULOUS maxi skirt! It feels very Anthro or Farm Rio, don’t ya think? I mean, I would expect to pay over $100 for a similar piece from one of those retailers, but this one is right at $30. What a deal! It’s lightweight, flowy, and oh so flattering. And I feel like it makes me look so tall! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
TWO OF MY FAVORITE ITEMS FROM APRIL…
So the above 12 items in the collage were y’alls tip top favorites for April.
There are two more items that I want to share with y’all today. These next two items didn’t make it to y’alls Top 12, but they were both top items for me.
This mixed media dress is 100% cotton. The body is a super soft t-shirt type cotton, and the puff sleeves and the skirt are a crisp cotton poplin. I love this dress so much. It comes in black too.
I’m wearing it here with flat sandals, but it would also look great with sneakers!
This next dress is the one I ended up wearing on Easter Sunday! The green and white pattern is gorgeous. The material is sheer, but there is a full body spaghetti strap slip underneath that comes with the dress. (Big bonus: The slip is stretchy! Sometimes I find a dress fits, but the provided slip/liner is too tight, but not this one!) For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
That’s it for today, Ladies! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at April’s Top 12 picks. What are your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!