It’s the first week of 2022, so it’s time to reflect on 2021!
Today I’m sharing the BEST OF THE BEST FROM AMAZON IN 2021!
2019 was the year that I started doing monthly Amazon hauls, and my goodness they were an instant hit! In 2020 I feel like I really hit a good stride with Amazon, and in 2021 I really refined my Amazon shopping strategy.
Some of you weren’t sure at first when I started posting Amazon finds…HECK, I WASN’T SURE AT FIRST…but now the Amazon posts are some of my favorite posts to create, and they are definitely some of the most popular posts with y’all as well.
And now after three years of shopping Amazon, I feel certain I’ve got a pretty good handle on things! When I first started shopping Amazon, I just ordered anything and everything from all different sorts of brands. When I did that, I would have some hits, but I would have a whole lot of misses as well (that I would never show). After shopping Amazon for several years now, I now have GO TO brands that I know and trust. Daily Ritual, Lark and Ro, Cable Stitch, 90 Degree by Reflex, Alexander + David, Goodthreads, Core 10, and Amazon Essentials are all brands that I consistently have incredible luck with. The quality is great, and I’m never worried about fabric or fit. Of course I’ll still take a chance and continue to order from other brands as well, but I’m so happy to have some tried and true brands to always go back to.
And let’s be honest, finding an Amazon bargain IS ALWAYS A THRILL! All items posted today are fabulous and a great deal! They are items that I feel would serve just about anybody well and are awesome closet staples that are totally cost effective. And today’s items are both MY favorites and YOUR favorites!
Before we get started, I’ve got something that surprised me. Some of the items that made 2021’s top pick list are items that I talked about in 2020 as well. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me though, because these were items that I continued to love and continued to wear. I’m guessing repeat exposure convinces y’all to buy something after awhile, even if you weren’t interested at first.
Let’s see the favorites!
1) Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra / 2) chunky gold hoops / 3) slip on mesh sneaker / 4) swingy sweater / 5) chunky heel booties / 6) colorful tile bracelets / 7) open cardigan / 8) batwing pullover / 9) military jacket / 10) jewelry travel bag / 11) toiletry bag /12) cover up / 13) pave earrings / 14) Kenra blow dry spray / 15 elta md sunscreen and tinted moisturizer / 16) pom pom sweater / 17) distressed jeans
1) Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra / How about a bra with No lines…No bulges…just perfectly rounded cups and a perfectly smooth tee!
I. LOVE. THIS. BRA.
Like I said, it’s got perfectly rounded cups (I don’t enjoy a pointy boob), and the entire thing is stretchy and feels amazing on. And because of the stretch, the sizing is so forgiving. This particular bra is available in a range of sizes from S to 3 XL. This chart should help you decide on your size. I’m a 34D, this chart told me to order a medium, and the medium is PERFECT for me!
And get this! This bra (depending on the size and color you get) is under $30. AND SOME ARE UNDER $20 RIGHT NOW!
And the reviews? There are over 10,000 5 star reviews.
This bra even has extra side coverage panels that smooth out underarm bulge, not that any of us have any underarm bulge. #coughcough #winkwink
I highly encourage you to try this bra.
2) chunky gold hoops / These chunky hoop earrings are a classic hoop, but more substantial than typical hoops. They are still lightweight enough for me to wear all day long with no trouble, but they are chunky so they make a statement.
3) slip on mesh sneaker / I can’t believe these slip-on mesh sneakers are on the top pick list for yet another year. I have them in light grey, in this black (06702 black), and the great neutral you see in the collage (6701 mauve). I’ve been talking about these sneakers for 2 years (maybe 3 years?) now, and I’m still talking about them and loving them. And because I can’t not talk about them…these are the leggings I purchased back in 2019. I’ve washed them countless times, and they still look brand new. They hold their shape, they don’t sag, and they aren’t see-thru. They are a great basic. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
4) swingy sweater / Y’all know I can’t quit this swing sweater. I’m seriously not even embarrassed or ashamed that this is like my 74th swing sweater. Okay, I might be exaggerating a tad, but y’all know I have several. This is the pink-white-khaki, and I love the color-blocking on the front, back, and sleeves. One thing I want to mention…..you can see where my sweater is pretty straight across the hem in the front. It is definitely longer in the back like it is shown on the model, but the front doesn’t have the deep v cut that’s shown on the model. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
5) chunky heel booties / I bought myself a pair of suuuuuuuuuuuper similar booties from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year. I believe I got them for around $89 (but they are now $129), and they are Steve Madden. You can still find them HERE and some sizes are available again in the neutral and they seem to still be well stocked in the snakeskin.
For those that no longer have their size available or don’t want to pay that price, I found a great alternative on Amazon! Click HERE for the chunky booties seen below. Mine are the “light brown”, but there are several other very similar neutrals to choose from as well as white, cognac, black, snakeskin and others. The block heel, the pointy toe, and the deep cut out on the side all look awesome.
I think they are quite comfortable and they are true to size for me. If you are often between sizes, I think I would recommend going down 1/2 a size.
6) colorful tile bracelets / These colorful tile bracelets are SO FREAKING CUTE. I wear them all year long, but I feel like I rarely take them off in the spring and summer. For UNDER $20, they are an incredible deal. You need them in your closet. Period.
7) open cardigan / I am O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with this cardigan. Y’all. It’s SO SOFT and SO COZY and SO CUTE. I was unsure about the colors when I ordered the cardi, but I absolutely love the colors in person. Officially this one is called “orange”. I can’t say I LOVE IT enough. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
8) batwing pullover / Check out this batwing pullover! First of all, the ratings are EXCELLENT. Secondly, you won’t even believe how soft this sweater is. It’s stupid soft, crazy cozy, and DARLING. I have it pulled up at my waist here, but the next picture will show you that it’s actually tunic length.
See? You can wear it pulled up, or you can wear it tunic length!
I recommend you heading to the site to see pictures of tons of other reviewers in this sweater. It comes in several color block options as well as lots of solids too. I’m wearing the “khaki black”. It’s one size fits all, and I NEVER understand how that works, but this one works for me! Haha!
9) military jacket / Okay, Ladies. Listen up. If you don’t have a military jacket, fix that right this second.
This particular military jacket is FANTASTIC. I’m wearing the “surplus”, but it comes in 6 additional colors. The fit is SO CUTE. The jacket is very flattering, and I love the stand-up collar. It’s got a little bit of stretch in it, which makes it very comfy, and not restrictive at all like other similar jackets sometimes are. All of the colors available are under $45. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6. It has EXCELLENT ratings.
10) jewelry travel bag / This jewelry travel case is fantastic. I love everything about it because there are lots of compartments for earrings and bracelets, but it’s the necklace storage that makes it my favorite traveling jewelry case I’ve ever had. You snap the necklaces into place, and then you pull them through the elastic bands, so they stay nice and neat without getting tangled! It stores so much jewelry, and I love that it matches my over the door toiletry case too.
11) toiletry bag / My toiletry bag is one of my very favorite new items. It holds SO MUCH STUFF, and I love how you can hang it up and everything is so easily accessible. (It has over 15,000 5 Star Ratings and could be at your house by this afternoon.) Here’s the toiletry bag at work…
It. Is. Awesome.
And this is what it looks like all folded up and zipped up. I have the large size and highly recommend it. I first learned about it from Shay and it’s totally legit.
And just because it’s another personal favorite…my weekender bag. I’ve had it for a couple of years now and it’s great. It’s totally spacious and holds way more than I thought it would. And I love the zippered compartment on the bottom for all my shoes.
12) cover up / If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you might remember this cover up from last year in black. I thought the black was great and wore it all summer long, so this year I knew I wanted to add a new color. I chose this bright “watermelon red”. It’s one size fits all, and I’ve seen it on a variety of body types and it looks great on everybody.
And here it is in black too!
13) pave earrings / Let’s talk about these pave earrings yet again. I’ve been talking about them for years now, but I keep talking about them because I keep wearing them. I mean, I’m not a diamond expert, but I think these babies look real. AND THEY ARE JUST $13.95! I wear these alllllllll the time. I sleep in them, I talk on the phone with them (and they don’t poke me at all), and I LOVE them.
14) Kenra blow dry spray / I’ve used this blow dry spray for at least a couple of years now, and I’ve talked about it several times on the blog. Y’all became obsessed with it this year as well. I spray it on wet hair and it acts as a heat protectant when I’m drying and styling my hair. I’m of course grateful that it’s keeping my hair healthy, but you know what I really love about it? IT SMELLS INCREDIBLE.
Like, spraying this product on my clean hair brings me great joy. GREAT JOY. And it’s ON SALE.
15) elta md sunscreen and tinted moisturizer / I shared this EltaMD sunscreen on Facebook before Christmas (as you can see by the Santa Alert graphic), and I couldn’t believe the incredible feedback I received from y’all. It seems that y’all needed to be telling ME to. #yalldroppedtheball
Well, instead of being mad at you (haha!), I’m just going to be happy that I am now using it myself. Click HERE if you want to get to the Facebook post to see what everybody else had to say about it. It seems that not just my dermatologist recommends it, but everybody’s dermatologist does.
Here are just some of the comments:
The best sunscreen by far! I’ve had multiple dermatologist tell me that’s what I have to use. I use the tinted one on my face everyday. Zinc oxide is very important to have in a sunscreen especially on the face. – Summer V.
I use it everyday and have for about 3 years now! Love it! Will never use anything else. Makeup goes on great over it! – Liz B.
I just starting using the Elta Glow and really like it too. Mix just a tiny bit of the Drunk Elephant drops you told me about and it works great! – Jill M.
Yes! I’ve used it for probably 10 years, my husband uses it too. I love the tinted and sport versions also! – Brooklyn D.
Best facial sunscreen, hands down! I’ve been using it for years and I absolutely love it. I actually use the tinted version, which is magic on my skin – almost has like a blurring effect and leaves me with a lovely dewy look. Amazing. – Laura L.
16) pom pom sweater / I have no idea how I stumbled upon this pom pom sweater, but my goodness I am smitten. It is sooooo soft, it has a great amount of stretch in it, and it is beautifully made. I was a bit worried about pom pom placement, but it seems to be strategic, so there’s no unfortunate pom pom/nipple confusion happening. Haha! In addition to the adorable pattern, look at the sleeves! They are fitted at the cuff and so pretty. For size reference, I’m wearing a size 8.
When I first posted it on facebook, I had a friend (Shout Out, Ann!) comment that she thought it was going to be a $128 Anthro sweater! SHE’S RIGHT! It looks very Anthro and looks wayyyyyy more expensive than it is. I’ve received countless e-mails about this sweater, and y’all love it too!
17) distressed jeans / These jeans are stretchy (so super comfy) and have a nice straight leg instead of a skinny leg, so they are totally on trend. They’ve got some moderate distressing, but there isn’t a ton of skin peeking through (and I prefer it that way). I’m wearing the “A1 Ska Blue” but the darker “A Blue” is also great! A lot of the other jeans on this link have material under the distressing, so make sure you realize that before you decide on what pair to order.
Okay, let’s talk sizing. They aren’t sized like traditional jeans. You choose from small, large, medium, large, and x-large. I chose medium because I couldn’t imagine being the smallest size, but I think I should have actually gone for the small. This means that those of you that are typically under a 4 probably won’t be able to wear these jeans because even the smalls will be too big. The reviews are mixed on these, but I like them!
Whew! That’s it, ladies!
CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL OF THE AWESOME AMAZON ITEMS THIS YEAR???
MY GOODNESS THERE WERE LOTS OF AMAZON HITS!
I hope you enjoyed the walk down memory lane, and I really hope were able to grab a couple of my favorites that you missed the first time around.
Now, make sure you sound of in the comments! What have been your favorite STMT Amazon recommendations this year? I’m going to choose one commenter to get a package from me. The winner and the prizes will be announced on Friday’s post!