Hello, ladies! Today’s post is a collaboration that I wasn’t necessarily excited for when I was first offered the opportunity. HOWEVER, I went from not necessarily excited to FREAKING PUMPED in just a handful of days.
When Soma initially reached out, I wasn’t sure about accepting the post for a couple of reasons. The first reason being that I already had a couple of different bras that I loved, and I already had undies that I was obsessed with. I didn’t think I needed any more options, and I didn’t think there was any way I would like Soma’s options better than the products I already owned and loved. The second reason I was hesitant to accept the post is that I had a preconceived notion that Soma was for older women. More on that in a minute…
But before saying an official “no thank you” to Soma, I headed to one of their stores to check things out. AND LADIES. THAT WAS IT FOR ME. I had a really nice sales associate that explained the different lines to me and got me excited to try some of the products for myself. I hope that is what I do for you today as well!
After trying the items for myself, I obviously accepted the post. And even though I knew Soma was going to be sending me 2 bras and 3 pairs of undies to review, I still walked out of there with 2 different pairs of pajamas, a lounging bra, and a pretty bra and undies set. I couldn’t help myself.
So I’m partnering today with Soma to to educate all of you about their products, and more specifically their Soma Solutions lines! These lines focus on REAL WOMEN with REAL PROBLEMS, and they help to SOLVE THOSE PROBLEMS! THANK YOU, SOMA!!!
Now, before I start highlighting my favorites, I wanted to pass along a promotion that Soma is doing right now (that they have never done before). From now until 04/13, Soma will be offering a Free Vanishing Edge Panty with the purchase of a Vanishing Back Bra (one per transaction)! This is a $16-$19 value! Click HERE to shop all of their Vanishing Back Bras that qualify for a free panty! Use code 36279. I also want to encourage all of you that it’s okay to splurge a little on your bras and undies. These items are the foundation of your outfit, and you wear them every dang day! Once you have some that you love, you will 100% agree that spending a little extra money is worth it!
The Vanishing Back Bra
One of the Soma Solutions lines focuses on bras that work to eliminate back fat. Not that any of us have back fat. #winkwink #coughcough
If you are confused as to what kind of a difference a bra could really make, check out the 15 second video that illustrates the power of the back smoothing Soma Vanishing Back Bra.
I tried on several of the bras in their Vanishing Back line, I liked a lot of them, but there is one that I felt made the most difference as far as a smooth line on my back. This bra totally holds me in without making me feel constricted, and it provides a seamless look in both front and back (with rounded and not pointy cups)! It’s great to wear with a white tee and all types of tops and dresses that hug the body a bit. Click HERE for the front closure Vanishing Back bra seen below (care of Soma Intimates).
I know that all of us have been in a situation where we think we look nice from the front, and then we either purposefully (or accidentally) catch a glimpse of our backs, and we’re like OMG!
Bulges and ripples (especially when wearing a tee or sweater) can totally ruin your look.
And I will tell you this. Back fat does not discriminate. All ages and shapes can have back fat. Even young and thin women (fist bumps to y’all) can have the dreaded back bulge if they are wearing an ill fitting or a poorly made bra!
This bra is awesome. Check out the pictures of the bra directly above and directly below. The cups are rounded and smooth (as seen above) and the closure is a front closure (which allows for a 100% smooth back). I mean, check out the back of this bra! You can see that the amount of surface area it covers would help the dreaded back bulge. #again #notthatanyofushavethat #winkwink #coughcough
I typically prefer a back closure, and they do have several back closure options that are also part of the Vanishing Back line….but I felt like the front closure really enabled the back of the bra to do it’s best work on the back bulge. As far as sizing goes, I got my regular cup size, but I went up a band size. This band really holds you in, so my normal size pushed up some extra skin that I didn’t want pushed up!
Here’s a before and after picture provided by Soma. #byebyebackfat.
The technology and fabric will smooth your back and your sides and just erase all of those pesky little bulges. This bra creates a beautiful and seamless look.
Last week on instagram stories, I asked people to leave me messages if they shopped Soma and had favorite products. And y’all! I got SO MANY MESSAGES! And I’ve gotta say, I kinda feel like y’all have been holding back on me, because YOU LADIES LOVE SOMA! I’m going to share some of what y’all had to say about each of the items I’m highlighting today.
Many of you share my love for this bra line.
- Love the back fat eraser bras. They have a prettier name than that, but I can’t think of it right now. Ha! And I love them because BACK FAT! 😉
- I’m from Canada and when I was in Boston 3 years ago I went into a Soma store for the first time and walked out with 8 bras. Since then I can’t wear any other brand of bras. Definitely worth the trip tot he states for their bras! Comfy, great quality, and worth every penny.
- I’ve been an exclusive Soma girl for 8ish years! The Vanishing Back (front close) bra is my FAVE! Sturdy, comfy, and the shoulder straps don’t hurt and don’t fall off. I tell everyone I know to just try them once…you will never go back…I’m not sure why I’m not on their payroll. Also, the bras and undies wash great. They tell you not to dry them but ain’t nobody got time for hanging undies to dry. They last for years and look like new! I do follow the rules and hang bras to dry.
- Their vanishing back (front closure) and enhancing shape full coverage bras are my life!
To review, out of all of the Vanishing Back bras, the front closure was the one that I preferred. I felt that this one provided the most coverage and shaping on my back, which is what I was going for. I don’t have a huge problem with lumps and bumps, but there are certain tops that I feel could look even smoother, and this bra does the trick for me! If you don’t like a front closure bra, there are several other Vanishing Back bras to choose from. Here are just some, click on the picture(s) you are interested in:
The Vanishing Edge Undies
So, I love the above bra. A LOT. BUT IT’S THE VANISHING UNDIES THAT I’M REALLY FREAKING OUT OVER. (Soma refers to them as “vanishing panties”, but I know many of you take issue with the word “panties”…so we are going to talk about “undies” during this post.) 🙂
You see the lines there (in the picture below)? Those lines are what makes these undies magical. They grip your body in a way that’s not constricting, it’s just comfortable. AND THEY STAY PUT. Like, I don’t care what you are doing, they will stay put. Chasing your kids around a play ground? #theywillstayput Climbing a ladder? #theywillstayput Walking a tightrope? #theywillstayput
And from the comments I received from readers, I’m not the only one incredibly passionate about this line of undies! Here’s what some of y’all had to say. The first one is my favorite…
- Hey, Sheaffer! I am SO EXCITED to see you talking about Soma. I pretty much do everything you tell me to do ;), but not your underwear posts. Because I KNEW I liked Soma better! I cannot be swayed! I am faithful to their Vanishing Edge line, and over the last few years, I’ve replaced my entire underwear drawer with them. I still own a few thongs for days I’m feeling particularly crazy, but that’s it. Soma EVERY DAY. The Vanishing Edge bikini is what I swear by.
- I wear the vanishing lines bikini. Love that they stay put; no wedgies!
- I love their vanishing edge panties. They have “grippers” that allow them to stay put and no move around. I can wear the bikini cut and not have to wear a thong! They are so comfortable!
- I have loved their bras for a few year. I recently stopped in to Soma to exchange a bra for a different size, and on a whim I purchased 4 pairs of underwear. It took me a few days to get used to to the “no slip grip” in them..and after that, I was HOOKED! They are the best undies ever!
- Vanishing Edge Panty OBSESSED.
- I only wear Soma! Their invisible panty lines are the real deal!
- YES YES YES! I only wear vanishing edge panties FOREVER.
- I absolutely love their vanishing edge panties. They are my favorite. I love them because there really is no panty line. Also because they are full coverage undies without looking like MawMaw undies. I love Soma! Never going back to anything else. Vanishing Edge Panties and Vanishing Back Bras all the way!
- I have 2 of their bras, a pair of their panties that have the grip on the inside so they don’t slip and you can’t see the lines, and 2 tanks…love it all! Soma is fantastic!
- The Vanishing Edge panties are life changing! I threw away all of my underwear and bought all new vanishing edge after I tried them for the first time. I can’t stand a thong and these don’t have a line so they are great!
- Definitely their Vanishing Lines undies. They don’t look matronly, but they fit super well and they DON’T LEAVE PANTY LINES EVER! They stay put like a well-trained hunting dog. 🙂
- Vanishing Edge Undies are the ONLY ones that will stay put and still have virtually zero lines.
- LOVE their undies! A friend introduced me a couple of years ago and it was a game changer!
I was so happy to see that others shared my passion!
And because I know everybody loves a good Before and After. WOW.
Behind the purple polka dots, you can see the one of the pairs of the Vanishing Tummy panties I have peeking out. The other gifted pair of undies (you can find them HERE) were in the wash. I think that they (the microfiber with lace hipsters) are my favorites. However, you should know, since taking these pictures, I’ve already been back to purchase 5 additional pairs of their undies. BECAUSE THEY ARE THAT GOOD. I got all different kinds to try them out including a bikini, a high waisted pair, and a boy short! And if you’ve been reading this blog, you know I already had undies that I loved! Like really REALLY loved. Well. There’s a new pair of undies in town, ladies. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my others and will definitely continue to wear them happily, but these new ones have me PUMPED ABOUT PANTIES. Somebody put that on a t-shirt.
Look at my pretty little underwear drawer with the best bras and undies out there! Also, I want to mention that when you are looking at the undies in the store, when you hold them up, some of them looked a little grandma-ish if you will. Not that there’s anything wrong with that ;), but I’m not a grandma yet, and don’t want grandma panties! WELL. Once you put them on, they are just really pretty! Not grandma-ish at all!
Remember, there are tons of different styles of the Vanishing Edge Undies.
One more look at the drawer.
I’ve mentioned this on the blog once before, but we splurged and had my closet done a couple of years ago. I know this is going to sound dramatic, BUT IT CHANGED MY QUALITY OF LIFE. We were super lucky that the master had 2 closets in this house, but even though my closet was a nice size, it had zero organization and was a complete mess. If y’all are interested, maybe I could swing a closet tour sometime soon!
The Cool Nights Pajamas
Another group of items in their “SOLUTIONS” line are called Cool Nights Pajamas. These pajamas are soft, they drape beautifully, and the fabric is considered “breathable” so it helps keep you cool at night. I have never been one to sleep in pants, so the short set and this little chemise were right up my alley. These were all of the items I purchased on my own just because I fell in love.
I’ll show you the short set on me in just a second, but I want to talk about the other items. The sleep chemise has a built in shelf bra and is so flattering on! AND IT’S ON SALE! The embraceable bra and panties are so pretty, and I just like having a matching set. I wore my regular cup and band size in this bra.
You can also get to any of the items in the above flat lay by clicking on one of the images below:
Look how cute the pajamas are! When I asked readers for input on Instagram, I got tons of comments about their pajamas as well. Here are just a few:
- They have a “cool nights” jammies line. Never been much of an official jammies person, but these are cute and comfy and wash really well!
- I LOVE their pajamas. I swear, they are so luxurious I feel like I am on Dynasty when I wear them!
- My mom gifts us a pair of pajamas each Christmas from Soma. They are the best! The ones from 5 years ago are still in great shape.
- The Cool Nights line of sleepwear is ridiculously soft and comfy.
- I LOVE their cool nights pajamas. All I wear!
- Anything in their Cool Nights pj line. they are the only pjs I wear and they last a really long time! The best!
They are definitely soft and luxurious, but they are also super cute! I LOVE MINE! For size reference, I’m wearing a small in both the tee and the shorts.
The Wireless Bra
Okay, let’s talk about this wireless bra for a minute. When I’m lounging around the house, I don’t like to let the girls go totally free. #ifyouknowwhatImean HOWEVER, I also don’t want to be wearing a bra all the time when I’m just lounging! WELL. This bra solves my problems. It’s unbelievably comfortable (like you don’t feel like you are wearing a real bra) and it keeps the girls in check. I actually prefer wearing this to not wearing anything at all! I LOVE THIS BRA. I would have thought I was going to be a medium, but I liked the way the large fit better. I do have a large rib cage and a larger band size than most would think.
I wore the set for the first time when I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago, so we staged a photo shoot on the bed. Look at me all casual in my Soma pajamas eating a fruit parfait. #imsoblogger
Don’t you all sit on a bed like this, holding a parfait, and doing a little work on your laptop? 😉
I hope y’all found this post helpful, and I hope I’ve convinced you to at least give one of their SOMA SOLUTIONS lines a try! And don’t forget their current promotion: From now until 04/13, Soma will be offering a Free Vanishing Edge Panty with the purchase of a Vanishing Back Bra (one per transaction)! This is a $16-$19 value! Click HERE to shop all of their Vanishing Back Bras that qualify for a free panty! Use code 36279.
A huge thank you to Soma for sponsoring this post and for working to solve problems that real women have (like back fat and wedgies)! 😉 I’m so grateful that they reached out to collaborate with me, because I’m not sure I would have been motivated to try their products otherwise, but my goodness I’m glad I did!