Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from April.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that 11 of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and several are under $50. The picks that made this month’s top list are all from Amazon and Nordstrom.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) striped tiered dress / 2) neutral wedges / 3) Supergoop glow screen / 4) turquoise hoop earrings / 5) St. Tropez self-tanner / 6) white ruffle sleeve blouse / 7) white jeans / 8) puff sleeve dress / 9) jelly sandals / 10) woven slide sandals / 11) must have shorts / 12) bra
1) striped tiered dress / THIS DRESS IS DARLING. In fact, this might be my personal favorite find from the month. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6, which is often true to size for me in dresses. (I sometimes even have to get an 8 to accommodate the girls and my massive rib cage, but the 6 worked for me in this dress.)
I loved the dress so much that I wore this to church Easter Sunday. It’s bright, colorful, happy, and the fit is so flattering.
And yes, it was perfect for church…But it’s also a dress that’s totally made for a beach vacation too! Or maybe a Cinco de Mayo party! Or even a date night or a lunch with the girls. It could work for so many different occasions. It’s very well made, it’s 100% cotton, and it has a stretchy liner underneath the skirt.
And here’s the real kicker…it is so incredibly comfy.
The colors! The stripes! It’s seriously so so darling.
I wear the best strapless bra in the world with it (and if you don’t have this strapless yet, shame on you). Just kidding. Kind of.
And do you see my bracelet? Consider this a sneak peek. IT’S FABULOUS. And it’s not ready for y’all yet, but it will be soon.
2) neutral wedges / These neutral wedges go with just about any outfit you could imagine, and they are comfy. I actually got them last year, and I was thrilled when they brought them back this year for those of you that didn’t grab them last year. I wore the heck out of them last year and absolutely LOVED them and highly recommend them. Several of my friends have them too, and everybody loves them. I recommend sizing up a 1/2.
I have this tan suede (seen below) and I have the raffia option.
Here they are with a short dress…
This floral tiered dress is sooooooooooooooooooooo me. AND GREAT NEWS! You can use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF any full price items at Social Threads!
And they are great with bootcut jeans too…
Another awesome find from Social Threads is this boho chick blouse! It’s lightweight, totally flowy, and a super relaxed fit. I love the contrast color v neck neckline, and the ruffle bell sleeves are awesome. I really like that this is very different than anything else I have in my closet. It’s generously sized, so keep that in mind. I’m wearing a small, and I’ve still got plenty of room. Remember to use the code STMT10.
3) Supergoop glow screen / The Glow Screen was Top 5 from y’all for April, and I agree it deserves top billing. I wear it every single day. I used to only use Supergoop Glow Screen as my “foundation” when I knew I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time. HOWEVER. I’ve come to love the product so much that I’m now wearing it every single day that I apply make-up in the spring and summer. I love the color, the glow, and the level of coverage it gives! And please don’t let the “GLOW” in the name scare you. It’s very subtle and just really pretty! And the SPF is just a huge bonus.
And although it didn’t make April’s Top 12 list, the Unseen Sunscreen IS AMAZING too. I used it for the very first time last summer, and I became an immediate fan. It’s weightless, invisible, scent free, and gives incredible coverage and protection for your face. My skin absorbs it very quickly (like IMMEDIATELY!) and there is NO TRACE of it. It’s not oily or greasy, it gives a matte finish, and it doesn’t leave any white residue behind either. I think it goes on like a primer! It’s velvety in texture and it totally just glides on your skin, both under and even over your makeup. Also, from reading reviews it seems it’s awesome for people with super sensitive skin. I’m telling you, the product is absolutely incredible.
4) turquoise hoop earrings / My hoop earrings are from Kendra Scott’s newest line. They are a gorgeous teal/turquoise color with golden accents, but they also come in a stunning lapis and a beautiful amethyst.
They’re so pretty.
5) St. Tropez self-tanner / This St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse has to be my favorite self-tanner of all times, so I’m thrilled it made Apri’s list! First of all, I LOVE the color. It’s a really pretty bronzy brown, and I think it looks very natural. Like you just got back from the beach! Secondly, it is SO EASY to apply. See the mousse on the mitt below? Because of the color, you can see exactly where you are applying it! So if you miss a spot, you know and can correct it immediately.
Now, if you haven’t used the mousse before, the self-tanning mitt is ESSENTIAL for an easy and smooth application. It keeps your hands clean, and it really does make the application just about flawless. It helps you evenly distribute the mousse and it helps to blend it beautifully.
6) white ruffle sleeve blouse / This is a top I highlighted last month in “violet stone”. I loved it and y’all loved it. I got several questions from readers asking if the white top was see thru, but I didn’t have the top, so I couldn’t answer that. So I ordered the top. It’s not see thru. And it’s awesome. It’s light, it’s airy, it’s not fitted…and although I love my violet one, I dare say this white one is even better. It’s a classic white blouse with nice design details. It’s a gauzy cotton blend, the sleeves are a double flutter, the neckline has tiny little pleats, and the split neck is just the right length. It’s just a pretty little top! I’m wearing a medium.
And here I’ve styled it a bit differently with straight-legged jeans and a different color necklace.
These are perfect jeans for spring and summer. A great light wash, minimal distressing, comfy, flattering, and oh so cute! They call them skinny jeans on the site, but I think of them as more of a straight leg jean. They aren’t skinny jeans on me, but more like a fitted straight leg jean. I have them turned up one hem here. For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4.
7) white jeans / My favorite white “jeans” are officially called “ankle skinny pants”. However, I totally think of them as just super soft and awesome white jeans. Now that I see that they aren’t called jeans, I get it, because they are SO DANG SOFT and stretchy….but I really do think of them as jeans and will style them like they are jeans. They are 53% cotton, 29% polyester, 15% rayon, and 3% spandex. I think there must be at least 5% unicorn dust in them too because they’re just that good.
Now, full disclosure, you can see the pockets a bit in them. This is usually a deal breaker for me with white jeans, but for some reason it’s not for me with these jeans. I’ve decided that I actually prefer to see the pockets a bit over having white jeans with fake pockets. I really don’t like the fake pockets, so I’m definitely willing to accept seeing some of the pocket.
They are really stretchy, very slimming, and incredibly comfortable. I love the white button and the little side slits at the ankle. They aren’t see thru, but I of course still recommend wearing nude undies. They actually come in 8 colors, and I predict that some of you will like the fit and comfort so much that you will end up ordering them in at least 1 more color.
Now let’s talk sizing. Last year I wore these in a regular size 4. This year I ordered them in a 6P. Now remember, I didn’t realize I was ordering the same pair of jeans, but I liked the idea of them being not super tight and a little bit cropped. I often order up a size in white jeans, and if I’m getting a petite I often order up a size too. To sum it up, these do run a bit big, so you probably want to consider sizing down from the size you normally get in white jeans. Both the regular 4 and the 6P both fit me, but this year I’m going to be rocking the 6P.
I think everybody needs a pair of white jeans they love in their closet, and I highly recommend these.
One more outfit with the white jeans. Here’s the “violet stone” version of the white top you saw above.
8) puff sleeve dress / I highlighted this dress in both black and a print, but I think this beautiful lilac I have in the collage might be headed to my closet. It’s the IT color right now! GET THIS DRESS. GET IT NOW. I DON’T CARE WHAT COLOR. JUST GET IT.
I had this puff sleeved dress in a print last year and loved it, but it sold out. I know the black is going to sell out too, so grab it while you can. It’s soooooooooooo incredibly soft. The material isn’t heavy, but it’s thicker than a regular tee, so it feels very well made. I love the fit (it’s very forgiving) and the puff sleeves are such a nice design element, without being too dramatic. It is such a great dress.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small. For a more relaxed fit, size up.
The reviews on this dress are great, so if you’re on the fence, go see what other people have to say about it! Some have posted pics of them in the dress as well.
You see how nice it looks above with my LV, but it’s also really cute here with this super colorful bag. The colors in the bag are so vibrant and it’s a great large size.
And it’s of course as cute as can be with a denim jacket thrown on top.
You might remember this dress…..
This is the same dress in the dalmation print from last year. I was sold out in this print for a very long time, BUT IT’S BACK BABY! It also comes in a great stripe.
9) jelly sandals / If you were alive in the 80s, jelly sandals were probably a huge part of your summer life.
HOW CUTE ARE THESE JELLY SANDALS?!? They are absolutely perfect for the pool and beach. They’re a chic and modern new take on a jelly sandal, and I am HERE. FOR. IT. I rocked the heck out of jelly sandals the first time around, and this time will be no different. I went with the “bright poppy”, but I love so many of the colors. For size reference, I’m typically a 6 1/2. The 7s were too big, but the 6s are perfect on me.
10) woven slide sandals / Designer inspired, these woven slide sandal are a perfect neutral. These are from Cushionaire, and I’m totally digging this brand. True to size for me. (The light is messing with them in this picture, and they are a bit darker than they appear in this pic.)
Here they are styled with a great summer dress. Try to not be happy when wearing this outfit. #idareyou
11) must have shorts / On Friday’s post I had an announcement of sorts. BRACE YOURSELVES. I had a birthday earlier this month, and I’m starting to think that my favorite denim shorts (seen below) might be too short for me (at least for some occasions). Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll still be wearing them (when appropriate), but I definitely need to have some longer options as well. #itstheendofanera
STILL, I love these shorts, but I’m thinking now you might see them once a week instead of like every single day over the summer. They are ON SALE now, so if you are one of the few that has resisted them all these years, now is the time. (FULL DISCLOSURE: EVEN AFTER THIS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY, THESE ARE THE SHORTS I WORE TO CARTER’S SOCCER GAME ON SATURDAY. I JUST CAN’T QUIT THEM.)
Just FYI, for those who own and love the above shorts, THEY ARE IN STOCK IN WHITE RIGHT NOW! I’ll show them on me on Friday’s post. I do recommend sizing up 1 in these. They don’t seem to have quite as much good as the original must have denim shorts. They come in a washed black too (I recommend sizing up in th0se as well).
So now I’m on the hunt for some longer denim shorts. And yes, I’m going to take y’all along for the ride. #giddyup
I’ve ordered every single one of the pairs you see below, and I’ll review them all sometime over the next 2 weeks. They are all supposed to arrive by next Tuesday. I think #2 and #6 are going to be my favorites.
And here they are with a cute little yellow plaid top.
12) bra / I AM STILL OBSESSED with the Warners Women’s Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra that I first introduced you to last May, and it seems y’all are too.
No lines…No bulges…just perfectly rounded cups and a perfectly smooth tee! This bra gives you perfectly perky support WITH NO UNDERWIRE. And I’m telling you, the comfort level is insane. It’s a thing of wonder, y’all.
And I’m not the only one that loves it. There are over 25,000 5 STAR Reviews!!! WOW! Although I’m not brave enough to photograph myself in a bra for the entire world to see, some others ARE! There are some really bold ladies over on Amazon that have posted pics of themselves in this bra. It’s quite helpful to see the bra on different body types, so you might want to check that out!
The “toasted almond” and the “butterscotch” are my favorite colors of this bra, and many sizes and colors are on sale right now for right at $25.
Hundreds of you bought this bra as well…
In the below pic I’m wearing the No Side Effects Underarm and Back-Smoothing Comfort Wireless Lift T-Shirt Bra (Rn2231a) here, and you can see that it’s very smooth under this clingy tee without any lumps or bumps. Seeing lace or seams under this tee would totally ruin the look, but you don’t have to worry about that with this bra!
It boasts adjustable straps, but no uncomfortable wires. It gives a soft and rounded look (as mentioned above), and it does so without sacrificing comfort.
We all know that a great bra can truly make or break an outfit, and I am thrilled to have found this (and other) Warner’s wireless bras!
MARCH TOP 12
All of the items that made the Top 12 in March are items that I still love, I’m still wearing the heck out of, and they are still available! I wanted to post them again.
1) girlfriend jeans / 2) swing dress / 3) open front cardigan / 4) floral flounce sleeve top / 5) huggie/drop earrings / 6) cross body with chain / 7) Glow Bundle / 8) turquoise necklace / 9) gold chain sandals / 10) wedges / 11) strapless bra / 12) white jeans
1) girlfriend jeans / These girlfriend jeans are fabulous. They have a relaxed fit, they are soooooooooooooooooo soft, they have a great amount of stretch, and are oh so flattering! I wear these jeans with 1 cuff (as seen below), but I’ve also worn them with 2 cuffs for a cropped look.
TIPS FOR STYLING GIRLFRIEND JEANS:
Since they are a bit more of a relaxed fit, I recommend creating a waist somehow. I created the waist in this outfit by doing a front tuck with the tee. You could also pair a fitted top with them to create a flattering look as well.
And since they aren’t tight around the ankles like a skinny jean would be, I think it looks best to wear a slender shoe, sandal, or a wedge with them. A chunky sneaker wouldn’t be as flattering, but this pointy toe flat is perfect.
Here are some other looks with these jeans from March…
This adorable sweater has bright and happy colors, fun stripes, and is a medium weight….PERFECT FOR SPRING. And it’s soooooooooooo dang cute. I love the tight cuffs, the band around them hem of the sweater, and the border color on the hem. It’s another piece I’ve been wearing on repeat. I’m in the medium.
This floral blouse is an Amazon find that stunned me. It’s so pretty. This is the “H Green”, and it’s such a pretty and soft floral pattern. The flutter sleeves drape beautifully, so if you don’t like a puffy sleeve, these are a great alternative. And it of course is a great pairing with my favorite cardi that I can’t seem to stop talking about.
This top is a gauzy cotton blend, and I’m in love. I’m wearing the “violet stone”, but gosh I love the white and the coral too. The sleeves are a double flutter, the neckline has tiny little pleats (see the instagram stories I posted yesterday afternoon for close up detail), and the split neck is just the right length. It’s just a pretty little top! I’m wearing a medium.
This crewneck sweater is business in the front, party in the back. I mean, it’s a preppy party, but it’s still a party.
It’s soft in the front, and the pinstripe fabric in the back is like a button-down shirt material. I’m wearing a small, and there is still plenty of room, so I would suggest sizing down. It will look awesome with white jeans.
2) swing dress / I can pretty confidently say that I think everybody needs a swing dress like this in their closet. First of all, it’s just under $20. It has a perfect swingy fit, meaning that it’s not too fitted, but it’s also not too boxy. It’s made of a super soft jersey material, so it hangs beautifully and is quite flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a small here. If you want extra length, you might want to consider sizing up one.
If you know me at all, you knew I would throw a denim jacket on top of the above outfit. I got this denim jacket just last month, and I love it. I picked a light wash for spring and summer (this is the A Light Blue), but it comes in several other washes in this exact style. Now I’m warning you, there are some other TERRIBLE denim jackets on this same link (I’m looking at you daisy jacket), so beware. Haha! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
3) open front cardigan / THIS CARDIGAN.is my personal MVP from March. I’ve worn it CONSTANTLY (to lunch with my dad, to lunch with a friend, to church, and for errands around town). It’s definitely nice enough for an office environment too. I’m so happy I have it in my closet. And I’m lovingly telling you that you need it too.
Mine is the “tan cobblestone heather” and it’s a beautiful neutral, but it comes in several other colors if you’re looking for something else. It’s lightweight with an open front, and it drapes beautifully. Its weight makes it a PERFECT spring and summer cardigan. I’ve worn it to church (with bootcut jeans), to lunch with my dad (with girlfriend jeans), and to a girl’s lunch (with white jeans). I’ll also wear it with straight leg jeans, skinny jeans, denim shorts, and black slacks! It’s SUPER versatile and can easily be dressed up or down. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. I love it so much, I feel like it would almost be silly to not grab it in black when it’s on sale.
I picked up this layered quartz necklace in store last week when I popped in to make returns. It’s dainty, but it still makes a statement with the large quartz stone. So pretty!
Here are some other looks with the cardigan from March..
I think it looks very expensive.
4) floral flounce sleeve top / This floral blouse has a double flutter sleeve, the neckline has tiny little pleats, and the split neck is just the right length. It’s so feminine and pretty. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
It looks great with white jeans too.
5) huggie/drop earrings / Check out the earrings! That top hoop is a huggie earring (and you know I’m obsessed with huggies), and the bottom dangle can be taken on and off! Also, one side of the dangle is silver, and the other side is gold, so you can wear these earrings 3 different ways. I love the versatility. These would make an EXCELLENT Mother’s Day gift.
The butterfly necklace is flipping adorable. I love the bright pop of turquoise, and the butterfly is so playful. It comes in lilac and blush too.
6) cross body with chain / I ordered this bag on a whim from Nordstrom. When I opened it I FELL IN LOVE. I think it looks designer, it’s a perfect size for me, and I love that it’s a bit edgy. Sadly, it sold out at Nordstrom super quickly…but then Chris’s cousin’s wife (SHOUT OUT, MONI!) found it for us on Amazon! And it’s ON SALE right now at Amazon!!!
I carried it a lot this month, and I got compliments on it constantly from both friends and strangers!
I wore this out and about several times in March. It was so simple, but I loved it. A great pair of joggers, a great denim jacket, a great pair of sneakers, AND AN AWESOME NEW BAG. I was so comfy running around all day, but I felt totally pulled together.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the jack and a small in the joggers. The sneakers are true to size.
The bag is sturdy, well made, and seems like it will hold up over years and years. I really like that it stands up on it’s own. I like to be able to set a bag on a sold surface and not have it slump over. You can see in the picture on the left how the bag has 2 compartments. My make-up bag and keys go in the back compartment, my wallet and phone go in the front compartment.
Below you can see that you can double up the strap and carry it over your shoulder (seen on left), or you can make the strap long and carry it crossbody (seen on right), so it’s super versatile. I will say that the chain (both on the face of the bag and on the strap) give the bag some weight, but I love the look, so I don’t mind the extra weight.
I absolutely love this bag. And my goodness the price point is awesome.
Here it is again. I’ve received lots of feedback from readers that ordered the bag, and everybody loves it.
7) Glow Bundle / I teamed up with Colleen Rothschild last month and we created an awesome bundle for STMT readers with INCREDIBLE savings. And there are still a handful of bundles available, and the code is still active!!! Sadly, this is sold out. However, I’m looking forward to creating new bundles in the near future!
8) turquoise necklace / I highlighted 2 Amazon necklaces this month that I love so much! My favorite was the orange, but y’alls favorite was the turquoise.
Here it is styled again.
We’ve all been wearing super delicate and dainty necklaces for awhile now, and I’m happy to get back to some of these more substantial pieces.
9) gold chain sandals / These gold chain sandals are fabulous. They look designer, but are much less expensive than you’d think. BECAUSE Y’ALL, THEY’RE ONLY $34.95! They are very comfortable, true to size, and I love the super slim profile. And I of course think the chunky gold chain totally makes the sandal. Now I will say this, the chain makes a clanking sound when I walk…but I don’t even care. BECAUSE LOOK HOW CHIC.
They are super chic, look designer, and are much less expensive than you’d think. THEY’RE ONLY $34.95! They are very comfortable, true to size, and I love the super slim profile. And I of course think the chunky gold chain makes the sandal. Now I will say this, the chain makes a bit of a clanking sound when I walk…but I don’t think I care. BECAUSE LOOK HOW CHIC.
10) wedges / These wedges are FANTASTIC. Like really really fantastic. They are extremely comfortable and very easy to walk in. This khaki color will go with just about anything, but they come in black and white as well. The straps have elastic in them, which means I can pull them off and on by just stretching the elastic over my heel. I love that I don’t have to buckle them every time I wear them. For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size, but I would definitely size up a 1/2 if between sizes.
I would recommend to size up a 1/2 if between sizes. They truly are super comfortable and very easy to walk in. These babies will go with just about every outfit you can dream up. I’m sorry to report that there are some sizes that have a long ship time now. Maybe check the criss cross style or one of the other colors, and that ship time might be better.
They look great with dresses! This tiered dress is a great little black dress. AND IT HAS POCKETS. I have it styled pretty casually here, but I could dress it up a bit by just styling it with black sandals/heels. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I wear these wedges with dresses, with bootcut jeans, and with ankle jeans. They are fabulous.
11) strapless bra / I often get requests for the same links repeatedly, so mid March I reviewed what is one of the most requested links I get, especially this time of year. Every year when it starts getting warmer, I start getting strapless bra questions.
If you’ve been following along for awhile, you’ve been hearing me talk about this bra for like 7-8 years now. Listen to me when I say this to you: this strapless bra is the best strapless bra in the history of the world. I’m telling you, there’s not a better one out there. It has nice rounded cups, it stays put, and you won’t find yourself pulling up on it. LIKE EVER. I wear it when I don’t even have to wear a strapless, so that’s saying something. Have you ever heard anybody give a glowing recommendation for a strapless bra before? GET THIS BRA.
Sizing tips: Some buy their regular size, and some size up in the band or the cup.
Click HERE for this strapless. Even if you are large chested, you need to try this bra. And you see it also comes with detachable straps. You can wear them straight, you can criss-cross them in the back, or you can of course take them off all together.
This tie neck blouse is the loveliest pale blush. It’s made of ribbed pointelle fabric with a crocheted feel, but there are no open holes WHICH I APPRECIATE. It’s pretty and a little romantic. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
This ombre top is a great Nordstrom Rack find! It’s an easy breezy blouse and the colors are absolutely gorgeous! I’m wearing a small in the blouse. I generally like to do a half tuck with all of my tops, but you’ll see online how it looks great worn out as well.
This crewneck sweater is business in the front, party in the back. I mean, it’s a preppy party, but it’s still a party. And it’s ON SALE.
It’s soft in the front, and the pinstripe fabric in the back is like a button-down shirt material. I’m wearing a small, and there is still plenty of room, so I would suggest sizing down. It will look awesome with white jeans.
This split neck top is a great blouse with longer sleeves, and I know many of you who work in office environments prefer tops with longer sleeves. The vintage floral print is so pretty, and I love the detailing of the shirred neck and the gathered hem of the sleeves. It’s lightweight and the fabric is kind of crinkly, which makes it interesting. It also comes in a bright and happy coral floral. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at April’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!