Today is Day #5 of Five Days of Fabulous! Shay and I have had SO MUCH FUN! Yesterday’s winner of the Apple Watch for herself and a friend is KRISSY BROWN! ! Congratulations, Krissy!!! Shay e-mailed you this morning, so please respond to her e-mail within 48 hours to claim your prize (or another winner will be chosen).
We can’t believe it’s the last day, but don’t worry, we’ve saved the best for last!
How about a $1,000 Nordstrom gift card for yourself AND A $1,000 gift card for a friend!!! That’s right, $2,000 total! #WHOAH
You enter on the rafflecopter at the bottom of this post, but there are 2 additional way to enter today as well! 1) You can click HERE and re-pin the image below from my pinterest board. 2) If you share this picture on your instagram account (and tag both @sheaffertoldmeto and @mixandmatchmama), you will receive 5 additional entries! This contest runs through Monday morning at 4:00 a.m. CST, and the winner will be announced on Monday morning!
So if you don’t know Shay, you should! You can catch her every day over on her blog, Mix and Match Mama. She’s a cookbook author (so cool!), lifestyle blogger, travel agency owner, and mom to four of the most precious kids you’ve ever seen. She blogs about food, family, fashion, faith and all the fun things her family does together. Shay’s youngest two girls are both from China, and you can read all about their experiences and the fun adventure it’s been bringing Ashby and Madeley home on her blog as well. Speaking of fun adventures, Shay’s younger brother, Sean Lowe, was also the Bachelor a few years ago, and you can read all about that also! If you want to follow Shay on social media, you can here:
So, today I’m going to share some of MY VERY FAVORITE THINGS with y’all!
Everything that’s on this collage is something that I absolutely ADORE. Some of the items you’ve been hearing about for years, and some of them are items that I’ve discovered more recently. But all of the items highlighted are things that I believe would make EXCELLENT gifts for the ladies on your lists. I own every single one of them, and I’ve given many of them as gifts.
If you’ve already knocked your Christmas list out, maybe you need to give your loved ones recommendations for yourself. Use this list as your guide! I highly recommend everything on this list because they are all items that I use and love (some of them every single day).
1) GRAPEFRUIT NEST DIFFUSER – This might seem like a summer fragrance, but I use it all year long in my home. It’s light and fresh and seriously just makes me happy. I have it in my closet, and every single time I walk in it, I enjoy the scent. I also have it in our guest bathroom, and people are always talking about how wonderful it smells! There are lots of other fragrances to choose from, but the grapefruit is my personal favorite.
2) GORJANA CIRCLE HOOP EARRINGS – These are hands down the earrings I wear the most. I’ve had them for about 4 years now, and I still wear them at least 3 times per week. They are expensive at $59, but the quality is awesome. They are large, but still dainty…and they are SUPER light. I love how they make a big impact, and they go with just about any outfit. I’ve worn them with a little black dress and heels, but I’ve also worn them with a sweatshirt and jeans.
3) BLARDIGANS – I mean….if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times….I think blardigans are THE VERY BEST GIFTS to both give and receive. I basically did a dissertation on the 4 different types of blardigans on Wednesday’s post, so click HERE to check it out. After doing my dissertation :), I came to the conclusion that the baby blardigan (pictured) and the original blardigan are my two personal favorites. These are great for every single lady on your list. Doesn’t matter if she’s 14 or 104, she will LOVE it and cuddle up in it all the time.
4) COLLEEN ROTHSCHILD CLEANSING BALM – When my skin is dry, I use this amazing cleansing balm to cleanse my face. And I’m telling you, you’ll feel like you are in a spa. Using it is like an experience. It smells amazing, and your skin will look bright, polished, and healthy! I truly don’t even mind washing my face at night. #whichisabigdeal (I use this gel cleanser to wash my face when my face isn’t dry.)
If interested in more of the products, I use the dual enzyme polish to exfoliate so all of the other products will work to their utmost potential! I’m using the Vitamin C complex to work on my dark spots and the the eye cream has definitely made a difference on the thin lines around my eyes. I mean, what’s better than giving the gift (or receiving the gift) of beautiful skin?!? And fyi, my mom recently tried their new Retinol Supreme Night Oil . She called me in the morning (after only using it one night), and she swore that her skin looked better and smoother after just 1 use! Now THAT’S impressive results!
Use the code STMT20 for 20% OFF your entire purchase at Colleen Rothschild! They also have these cute little holiday gift sets right now!
EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are a devoted fan of Colleen Rothschild products, or if you are just interested in learning more, you should totally stop by the pop-up shop they are going to have at Neiman Marcus at Northpark Center in Dallas! The shop will be open Thursday December 7th through Saturday, December 9th. And on December 7th from 5-8, Neiman’s will be hosing a little reception to celebrate. Colleen (who is GORGEOUS, totally chic,and so incredibly sweet!) will be there giving custom skincare recommendations, and the champagne will be flowing! It should be a super fun event if you are in the area!
5) BLISS UNDIES – I promise you, these undies are the best undies in the history of ever. Now, I wouldn’t give underwear to just any lady on my list…but if you already have and love these undies like I do, you should totally consider gifting them to your mom, your sister, your bestie, etc. SHARE THE LOVE! And if you haven’t tried them yet, put them on your list RIGHT NOW. If you try these undies, you will fall in love…..and then you will want to replace your entire underwear drawer with them.
6) LEOPARD CLUTCH – This clutch is perfectly sized and very affordable at $45. It adds just the right amount of style and sass to outfits, and it looks much more expensive than it is.
7) $12 CIRCLE NECKLACE – This necklace is such a sweet little surprise. AND IT’S ONLY $12. I was eating lunch with one of my high school besties that now lives in Colorado (shout out, Kasey!) last week when she was home for Thanksgiving, and some of the first words out of her mouth when we saw each other was her complimenting me on this necklace. I pretty much shouted “AND IT’S ONLY TWELVE DOLLARS.”
8) UGG SLIM PROFILE BOOTS – UGG went and fancied up their signature boot, and I’m not mad about it. They are everything we know and love about UGGs, but now they are better. They are prettier and more feminine because they are MUCH slimmer. And if you are like me, you want everything on your body to look as skinny as possible. AND THAT INCLUDES YOUR FEET! ???? This boot also has a bit of a wedge. Which I love. OH! AND THEY ARE WATER RESISTANT! Mine are the medium height, they come in 2 heights at Nordstrom right now (you can find the short booties HERE), and they come in several different colors.
Concerning sizing, I find these slim profile boots to be true to size. I first ordered down 1/2 a size, like I had done with other UGG boots in the past, but they were too small. My normal 6 1/2 is perfect on me! The website suggests to actually order up if you are between sizes.
9) L’OCCITANE BUBBLE BATH – Okay, so this is lavendar foaming bath. I know what you’re thinking. $39 FOR BUBBLE BATH? It’s shocking. But it’s lovely and luxurious and fabulous. The scent will truly transport you and the bubbles are better than any other bubbles I’ve ever experienced. If your mom or sister is a bath person, TREAT HER TO THIS. I got a bottle 2 years ago at a conference, and I continue to purchase it, even though it’s expensive. I’m not typically a bath person, but when I do take one, I always use this. I love everything about the experience, including my baby soft skin afterwards. I wanted to read what others had to say about it in the online reviews, and I now want to be friends with the reviewer Kate88Kate. Here’s what she had to say: So make sure your mortgage is manageable and you’ve got a good financial strategy because once you go down the L’Occitane road it’s a one -way trip. KATE! Let’s be besties! Click HERE for all L’Occitane products if you want to check out all they have to offer.
10) DIORSHOW PLUMPING EYELASH PRIMER – I received this as a sample about a year ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. You apply it to your eyelashes before your mascara, and it lengthens your natural lashes. It keeps lashes separated, prevents clumping, and truly does help your lashes appear longer. I wear it every day now, and can really tell a huge difference if I forget to apply it. (And y’all know I recently purchased THIS PRODUCT on the recommendation of my sister. She says it will actually make my lashes longer! I’ll be giving a thorough review of it after I’ve used it consistently for several weeks. You can click HERE and scroll down the post a bit to see her CRAZY LONG lashes.)
11) URBAN DECAY PALETTE – First of all, it’s not just me who loves this palette….it has 5,728 5 star reviews. #thatsimpressive It’s a great range of neutrals, and every single color is GORGEOUS, which isn’t often the case in large pallets like this. There’s a good mixture of matte, satin, shimmer, and sparkle shadows…and they all mix very nicely together. And the brush that comes with the set is awesome!
12) PERSONALIZED MAKE-UP BAG – I love the sentiment behind a personalized gift. The person receiving the gift knows that you took the extra time (and spent the extra money!) to make their gift special, and they always appreciate it. Barrington make-up bags are an economical way to give a really nice personalized gift. I mean, if you can afford it, go ahead and spring for one of their totes too!!! 😉 But if a tote is out of your budget, a make-up bag is still a very thoughtful gift that you will be proud to give. And laptop cases and sunglasses cases are great too!
Use the code STMTSAVE10 for 10% OFF your Barrington purchase.
13) BRACELET – I own this bracelet in both the turquoise and the platinum gold/drusy combination. I pretty much wear one of them almost every day. The turquoise lends a bright pop of color to outfits, and the platinum/drusy combo is just so dang sparkly and pretty!
Ladies, I promise you that all of the above items are things that I truly love and that I consistently use or wear in my daily life. And they all make fantastic gifts.
I also have some ideas I’ve shared in the past for the men in your life. Think hubby, dad, son, brother, brother-in-law, UPS guy (or maybe that’s just me), etc…. 🙂
These are the items that my guy LOVES and are HIS must haves. Some of these items he’s had for years, and he still loves them and uses them just as much as he did when he first received them. In fact, the only thing new in the below gift guide is the Patagonia pullover. He’s owned everything else for at least 2 years. This isn’t just some random gift guide of items I think would be good for guys, these have all met Chris’s seal of approval…and that’s not an easy seal to get. ????
He syncs the Bose speaker with his phone or any smart device (via bluetooth connection) and plays music EVERYWHERE: the neighbors, the pool, the ranch, tail gating, EVERYWHERE. He’s owned it for 4 years, and it’s still going strong. The range is about 30 feet with no obstructions, battery life is 6-8 hours, and the sound quality is awesome! So many readers have purchased it for their husbands, sons, boyfriends, and/or dads over the years, and everybody says they were gift giving heroes!
I gave him the e tip gloves 2 years ago. They allow him to use his i phone while keeping his gloves on. He loves them. He’s been wearing Under armour tees for a couple of years now, and he really likes the fit. They’re soft, not too loose or tight, and they wash great. He also loves their shorts. His slippers are slip on, cozy, and ON SALE for $21.90!!!! WOW!
The Patagonia pullover is the one new item. He’s always worn Northface Pullovers (and still loves the several that he has), but he decided to mix it up last year with this Patagonia. He just wanted a different option and he thinks they are quite a bit warmer.! He continues to love the Northface jackets as well.
Okay, to wrap up today, I have some sale items I want to highlight for y’all!
Let’s start with our favorite pullover (the one I have in 3 colors) that is now being price matched for 30% OFF!!! This oatmeal color is the newest addition to my closet, and it might just be my favorite! It only comes in 2 sizes, and I’m wearing the x-small/small. This top actually makes a great gift too!!! If you have it and love it, you should totally gift it to somebody!
This top is being price matched too! It’s casual enough that it looked cute with denim shorts and shoreline converse, but I love it dressed up a bit even more. I’m wearing my favorite strapless bra below, but you could also wear a lace bralette (every blogger in the world except me owns this one) if you wanted it to peek out. I’ve also worn it on the shoulder with this $12 cami under it so I didn’t have to worry about the v going too deep in front.
This sweater is ON SALE, and now an additional 50% OFF! The color is absolutely gorgeous in person, and it is oh so cozy (very soft and not scratchy at all)! It also looks great with navy skinny trousers and ankle booties for a dressier look!
Use the code BLACKFRIDAY2017 for 40% OFF the necklace (and your entire purchase at Accessory Concierge).
Basically, ALL MAKE UP IS ON SALE. And since make-up rarely goes on sale, NOW IS THE TIME TO STOCK UP!!!!!
Get your favorites, and buy some things as presents/stocking stuffers for the ladies on your list.
You can click HERE to see a list of my favorites that are on sale!!!
Okay, that’s it for today! I hope today’s post was helpful and you were able to cross lots of items off your list!
Now, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter for the pair of $1,000 gift cards to Nordstrom! Good Luck Everybody!!! To make all the entries easy for you, here are some links for you:
Follow me on Instagram HERE.
Follow me on Facebook HERE.
Follow me on Pinterest HERE.
Hop over HERE to follow me by e-mail. (It takes under 5 seconds to sign up, and you will get blog posts to your e-mail inbox!)